1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Directv Premium channel Surround Broadcasts

Discussion in 'Home Theater Audio' started by dvdnut59, Mar 13, 2009.

1. dvdnut59

dvdnut59 New Member

Mar 13, 2009
    I have all the movie channels.When I play them on my DVR ,some don't show the "blue light"(Multi Channel Decoding lamp)! I can save or watch say:"Taking Chance" on Starz or Showtime,and the light shows on one ,NOT ,the other.Seems to be random.I hve watched other NEW movie releases(2008)etc.,some are broadcast in DTS,etc. ,and say so.Also the Directv,banner says they are broadcast with secondary audio,Light speaker Icon(Yes) dark speaker icon(NO)? I have the DVR hooked via Optical cable to Sony STR-DG500,and all connections test tight and proper.When I pop in a Commercial DVD with DTS ,etc.,"Blue Light" comes on EVERY time.But not always on Directv,ALL the Time.Called Directv,to no avail.Wassup wit dis?

2. vnvnvn2000

vnvnvn2000 New Member

Mar 16, 2009
    If you're burning movies from the tv, to a dvd recorder, you're not going to get DTS, because the recorder doesn't have digital audio inputs. Movies on tv aren't broadcast in DTS either (none that I've ever seen or heard of). Only a few are broadcast in Dolby Digital.
    It's easy though, if you're doing it on a computer's dvd burner, and making a copy of a dvd.