1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Directv Price Increase

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by LMckin, Jan 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LMckin

LMckin Godfather

Jan 5, 2006
  2. benjaminmarle

benjaminmarle Legend

Jun 7, 2002
    Sat seems to be like cable now in that every year we get an increase. I wish it could stay stable for a few years.

3. KingLoop

KingLoop Custom User Title DBSTalk Gold Club

Mar 3, 2005
    I wish that there was no such thing as inflation.

4. Link

Link Hall Of Fame

Feb 1, 2004
    So existing Total Choice Plus custumers will jump from $45.99 to $48.99, new customers are charged $49.99--interesting. A friend of mine was on the $39.99 on year contract and signed up right before the increase went in effect in 2004 to $42.99. By the time their one year price freeze was up, their bill jumped from $39.99 to $45.99- a $6 increase plus now $3 more.

At least thought I have to say Directv has been good about adding channels to the the Total Choice Plus package like Great American Country, Lifetime Real Women, TV One, and Fine Living to name a few.

5. DS0816

DS0816 Guest

Mar 29, 2002
    Link,

Lifetime Real Women is the only channel DirecTV added in 2005 to Total Choice Plus that was totally brand-new.

I believe DirecTV is getting to be more like the cable companies. They're going with programming I don't care about, like those XM audio stations. And the subscription costs are now increasing at a rather routine rate of once per year. It' like we're all to be trained that, every time the calendar year switches over, anticipate -- no, make that expect -- a price increase.

To be fair, this is what the cable companies do, too. I see it as an across-the-board problem: programmers are certainly to be blamed, and so are the conglomerates.

The only way to really rectify this abuse is sacrifice. America would have to give rise to dumping cable television, watching broadcast only, and make the world of cable television suffer. Talk about a revolution!

6. wipeout

wipeout Icon

Jul 15, 2003
    Amen Brother!

7. hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001 Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2004
    Actually those of us with the HD package only go up $2 - since the HD package goes DOWN $1 a month.

BIG FRIGGEN DEAL. :nono:

Anyone wanna talk about how much more the gas is for your guzzling SUVs or what is costs to keep warm in your house? It's a hundred times more than a lousy $2.

Live with it.

8. Link

Link Hall Of Fame

Feb 1, 2004
    I don't think the XM stations are that great. AOL has been using them to replace the music channels they have and the sound quality isn't as good on the XM stuff. I think Sirius is the better of the two services and always has good songs playing. I hardly ever hear much I like on the XM stations.

9. matty8199

matty8199 Icon

Dec 4, 2005
    Still cheaper than cable, at least for me...

10. Bobman

Bobman Hall Of Fame

Jan 3, 2006
    Way cheaper than cable for me too and I like the XM channels. Now I dont have to pay $13 a month extra to hear O&A and Ron & Fez.

11. thedonn

thedonn AllStar

Jan 10, 2006
    Price increase isnt too bad for me. First increase ive seen in a long time. I just got on the HD bandwagon and now I have 2 recievers, so I was ready for a price increase. I actually watch more D now.

12. EricG

EricG Godfather

Mar 28, 2002
    May be time to cut back to TC and save $7/mo.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.