1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Directv refunded HD receiver cost after non-scheduled Swim install

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by Mr.Scarface, Dec 19, 2011.

1. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Cool Member

Dec 20, 2006
    I was adding another HD receiver and DirecTV insisted on Professional install. The installer came out installed the receiver and then said that Directv wants everyone to have the CCK for access for OnDemand. So, He had to install a SWiM and a wireless CCK (I had been using only my home network for MRV). The install became more complicated because the wired CCK wouldn't work and so the installed needed a wireless one. Then he had to upgrade the switch he was using because I have 10 tuners and the SWiM splitter he had could only do 8 tuners. Anyway, it was a whole day ordeal. I check a couple of days ago, and Directv charged the $107 for the Receiver, but then charge it back the same day. Any ideas?

2. The Merg

The Merg 1*

Jun 24, 2007
    Northern VA
    Well, you got upgraded to a SWM setup at no cost. As for the receiver cost, the system probably charged you for the new receiver and the CSR you dealt with went ahead and credited it back to you. In the end, you got a receiver and a SWM upgrade for free. Happy Holidays!

- Merg