1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

DirecTV remote usage on Samsung UN46f6400

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by Major_Sirius, Feb 15, 2014.

1. Major_Sirius

Major_Sirius New Member

Feb 15, 2014
    Atlanta, GA
    Hi all! I am new to the forum so if this has been discussed previously let me apologize in advance.

I just received a Samsung UN46f6400 TV that I have in an upstairs office. Downstairs I have an DirecTV HR-34 DVR. I have RVU enabled on the new Samsung. I would like to know how I can use the DirecTV remote to control the DVR functions, if possible. Despite programming the DirecTV remote to control the Samsung, all I can get the DirecTV remote to do is power on/off, raise & lower the volume, and access the Samsung menu. Selecting "List" on the DirecTV remote does nothing. This is true if the slider is to the left or the right.

I'd appreciate input.

Thank you,
    Scott

2. coolman302003

coolman302003 2014 NBA CHAMPIONS!

Jun 2, 2008
    Southeast
    This post by RAD might help you

You might also want to read through that thread if you have any other issues to discuss/report.

1 person likes this.
  3. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    I don't think you can use the old white remote to control the RVU part of the TV. you can use the Samsung Remote or get an RC71

4. Major_Sirius

Major_Sirius New Member

Feb 15, 2014
    Atlanta, GA
    Got the RC71. Works pretty well but I do miss the "stop" button not being there. Thanks all!

5. NR4P

NR4P Dad

Jan 15, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    From my read on this site, that has to be the number one complaint of the RC71 remote. Maybe someday when the next model comes along, we can have a Stop button again. I miss it too.

6. Narnboy1

Narnboy1 New Member

Feb 11, 2007
    Try pressing exit

7. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    Not again! :bang