1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DirecTV removes USA map from local channels page.

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by gor88, Jun 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gor88

gor88 Icon

May 9, 2003
    I just checked out the Local Channels page on Directv.com. The longstanding map of the USA showing (incorrectly) the states with locals has apparently been removed today.

Guess they got tired of people telling them that the map was wrong... :D

2. SamC

SamC Hall Of Fame

Jan 20, 2003
    The map was dumb. For example my state of WV was "unserved". But, of course, 10 of WV's 55 counties are in the DC DMA and 3 are in the Pittsburgh DMA. Until they got Louisville up, KY was "unserved", despite the fact that much of KY is in the Cincy DMA. For a long time, NJ was "unserved" on that map, but of course almost all of NJ is either in the NYC or Philly DMA.

But, of course the fount of all lies and broken promises, channel 999 is still a month behind.

3. skaeight

skaeight Icon

Jan 15, 2004
    How is channel 999 full of lies and broken promises? Everyone of those markets have launched on time. I'm assuming they'll update 999 after this week's locals are launched. Hopefully at that point the approval for 72.5 will come through and they'll have a tentative schedule for those markets.

4. SamC

SamC Hall Of Fame

Jan 20, 2003
    "on time" would have been the first date listed on 999, which was over a year ago.

5. Tusk

Tusk Back in the Game DBSTalk Gold Club

Nov 14, 2002
    Actually the source of all lies relating to the electronics world came from the popular science shows in the 50's that promised we would be in flying cars and have robot housekeepers by now. Damn them. :mad:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.