1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

DIRECTV Residential Experience with Loop-Thru Wiring: Questions and Discussion

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Installation/MDU Discussion' started by Stuart Sweet, Dec 23, 2013.

1. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    This thread is intended for the real-world application of Digital SWM technology in DIRECTV's Residential Experience package. This is the only announced and only concrete use for Digital SWM Technology. This thread will be monitored by a DRE-certified technician to help answer your questions.

This is not the thread for idle speculation of future implementations of Digital SWM technology. For that sort of thing please visit http://www.dbstalk.com/topic/209678-digital-swm-theory-and-speculation/

2. HoTat2

HoTat2 Hall Of Fame

Nov 16, 2005
    Los...
    Well Stuart and VOS (and all others in the know).

Since today is Jan. 15th.

Can any of the technical specifics about the DSWM13 be officially released now? :)

I know 1-15-14 date given last year was likely just an estimate, but anything to offer on the unit anyhow? :)

3. Stuart Sweet

Jun 18, 2006
    Sad to say it was just an estimated date. I still haven't gotten confirmation that the DSWM13 is actually available yet. I'll answer any specific questions I can if you post them.

4. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    Mediterranea...
    OK. Here is specific question: when the tech info about DSWM13 will be revealed?

5. HoTat2

HoTat2 Hall Of Fame

Nov 16, 2005
    Los...
    For starts;

The DSWM's carrier frequencies and spacing (if permitted of course)?

6. Stuart Sweet

Jun 18, 2006
    First of all P Smith, I don't think that the level of technical information you want will ever be published.

HoTat, I won't answer your question directly at this time but I will say that I'll say that the frequency spread is the same as the analog swm, that's all I have for you right now.

7. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    Mediterranea...
    well, then I should spend some money for it to get techno points ;)

so, here is other question: how much it cost ?

8. Ken Stomski

Ken Stomski Mentor

Nov 17, 2011
    although it is designed for loop thru wiring, you still need to go thru and replace all the taps with D* approved taps (better get yourself a TDR you will need it for this one)... i trained on it several months ago and don't see any other use for this than to use loop thru wiring in a l&i environment. since the training i havnt heard anything from D* or my distributor regarding this product. the D* conference is in april - i wouldn't doubt that they will bring out all the fanfare for this then.