1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

DIRECTV, Roadrunner & RG6

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by EasternNC, Sep 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EasternNC

EasternNC New Member

Dec 12, 2004
    Would I have ANY problem with combining my DIRECTV 101 satellite signal, my 72.5 local satellite signal & Roadrunner onto 1 RG6 cable then splitting it off to the appropriate locations once inside my house????

What would any of you reccomend???

2. samrs

samrs MANC DBSTalk Club

May 30, 2004
    Flat Branch, NC
    Split is the wrong term diplex would be better.

I diplexed Road Runner and D* once. While I was there everything worked, I never caught a service call or charge back for that install. I've been told it's not good to run them both together but I don't really know. I always run a seperate line an leave the RR alone.

If you want to try you need two good diplexers. Install one after the switch and the other wherever you need to seperate the signals.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.