1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

directv rsn availability

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by dgordo, Sep 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dgordo

dgordo Hall Of Fame

Aug 29, 2004
    I used to know of a link on the D* website that would show you what RSN was available in your area but I can't find it anymore. Does anyone remember where that page is?
    Thanks

2. dgordo

dgordo Hall Of Fame

Aug 29, 2004

3. durl

durl Hall Of Fame

Mar 27, 2003
    Another thing to keep in mind is that if you subscribe to the Sports Pack, you'll receive an additional RSN.

4. adkinsjm

adkinsjm Icon

Mar 25, 2003
    You will receive all the RSN's D* carries, but in most cases professional sports will be blacked out on RSN's outside of your home market. An exception to this are areas where two or more teams claim it. I live in Utah and with D* and the sports pack, I can get the Rockies on FSN-RM and with the sports pack I can watch the D-backs on FSN-AZ.

5. durl

durl Hall Of Fame

Mar 27, 2003
    Yes, I should have been more clear on my response. By default you get one RSN as your home region. When you subscribe to the Sports Pack, you receive a second "home" RSN. My example is that Fox Sports South is my default RSN. By subscribing to the Sports Pack, I get Fox Sports Ohio as a secondary "home" and get Cincinnati Reds games.

6. TheRatPatrol

TheRatPatrol Hall Of Fame

Oct 1, 2003
    Phoenix, AZ
    Thats interesting, I have the sports pack and don't get a secondary RSN with professional sports. I guess its the area of the country you live in.

BTW, is there a list of which RSN's broadcast in HD?

Thanks

7. Kheldar

Kheldar Icon

Sep 5, 2004
    The secondary RSN is only in certain areas.

8. durl

durl Hall Of Fame

Mar 27, 2003
    Interesting. I figured that everybody in the country could get a secondary RSN. You learn something new every day I suppose.

Here's a link to an FSN-HD schedule: http://msn.foxsports.com/name/HD

9. TheRatPatrol

TheRatPatrol Hall Of Fame

Oct 1, 2003
    Phoenix, AZ
    Thanks for the link!

Thats interesting though......I don't know if my local Cox cable is broadcasting FSN-AZ-HD because I don't see it in their HD lineup. But then again I don't have Cox cable so I don't know. :)

10. gopherscot

gopherscot Legend

Mar 25, 2002
    Well some, like me, get the main RSN (Comcast Chicago) ... but also receive Fox North and Fox Midwest. Very lucky and makes the sports pack worthwhile.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.