1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

DirecTV Satellite TV Deal - Lock in 2011 Sale Prices

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by lgb0250, Jan 5, 2012.

Tags:
  1. lgb0250

lgb0250 Legend

Jan 24, 2010
  2. RACJ2

RACJ2 Hall Of Fame

Aug 2, 2008
    Actually, if you are a new subscriber, I don't think you should have to pay an increase in your first year. This never made sense to me... after I signed up, 3 months later the price went up. I didn't like that at all.

For those that do take advantage of this offer, their 2013 increase will include the 2012 + 2013 increase. So you basically forgo the 4% increase for a year, then get an 8% increase the following year.

3. Shades228

Shades228 DaBears DBSTalk Club

Mar 18, 2008
    So please explain the point of a price increase if existing customers also got locked into an existing price for a year?

4. TBlazer07

TBlazer07 Grumpy Grampy

Feb 5, 2009
    Good point! :lol:

5. tigerwillow1

tigerwillow1 Legend

Jan 26, 2009
    As part of the process of deciding whether or not to bolt to e*, I've been looking at the D* and E* web sites every day. For the current "lock in 2011 prices deal", toward the end of December the web page counted down every day: only 3 days left, 2 days, one day, then "last day" on Dec. 31. Then on Jan. 1 the countdown just disappeared and the fine print says the deal is good until sometime in Feb. I really dislike dishonesty like this. I should be used to it from the airlines and phone companies, but I just have a hard time accepting it.

6. DogLover

DogLover Hall Of Fame

Mar 18, 2007
    So you are upset that they changed their minds and extended a sale?

7. RACJ2

RACJ2 Hall Of Fame

Aug 2, 2008
    Some people need a deadline in order to push them over the edge. Its the old car dealership mentality, "If you buy today...." Maybe DIRECTV didn't reach their sales goal, so they extend the deal to bring in more business. Nothing wrong with that.

8. tigerwillow1

tigerwillow1 Legend

Jan 26, 2009
    Of course not, but in the point I was try to make, there are only two possibilities:

1) They decided to extend the sale on 12/31 and had it all in place by 1/1.

-or-

2) The 12/31 "last day" warning on the website was dishonest.

Both are of course possible but I lean heavily toward the likelihood of #2.

9. rainydave

rainydave AllStar

May 28, 2006
    IMHO....Much ado about nothing.