1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Directv Screensaver on HR44

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by Arya Stark, Aug 14, 2013.

1. Arya Stark

Arya Stark Cool Member

Mar 17, 2012
    Probably a strange question, but what does it say under the Directv logo (right under the word Directv) on the screensaver that bounces around all over the screen?
    And does it mean something needs to be adjusted on mine if I can't read that? (Everything else is perfectly clear).

2. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    It's just the website. It could be motion blurring, which would be inherent to the tv.

Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk mobile app

3. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    I don't have a Genie but the bright white lettering on the screen is hard to read, especially if the brightness is turned up too much on the TV. The same is true for the Guide text on that Black background.

4. Arya Stark

Arya Stark Cool Member

Mar 17, 2012
    Even weirder: Today it is totally clear. The first day it was installed it just looked like a blob or a puff of smoke. I don't think it could have been motion blur since everything else was non-blurry.
    Regardless, it is fixed. America can now breathe a sigh of relief.

5. Beerstalker

Beerstalker Hall Of Fame

Feb 9, 2009
    Peoria, IL
    Do you have native turned on? Maybe when watching a SD or 720p channel with native turned on the screen saver is in that same resolution, so it becomes blurrier than when on a 1080i channel? (I don't know since mine are all set to 1080i all the time with native off).

If that isn't the case then I would say you need to check your eyesight, or recalibrate your TV, because the text on my TVs (ranging from 42"-65") is all perfectly legible.