1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

DirecTV, Starz and TiVo Test SVOD

Discussion in 'DIRECTV SD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by Steve Mehs, May 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs Hall Of Fame

Mar 21, 2002
    DirecTV is working with Starz Encore and TiVo on testing a subscription video-on-demand (SVOD) service for satellite TV and for the personal video recorder environment.

Beginning this summer, DirecTV customers with a TiVo receiver, and who subscribe to the Starz Super Pak, will have access to a selection of movies automatically delivered by satellite to their receivers. Films like "Jurassic Park III" and "Pearl Harbor" will be available on demand for viewing at any time with full PVR capabilities, the companies said.

The test will be free for viewers who subscribe to Starz.

From SkyReport (Used with Permission)

2. Adam Richey

Adam Richey Hall Of Fame

Mar 25, 2002
    Kokomo, IN
    I will be glad when that technology is available to Dish Network customers because I like the idea of having an HBO VOD, but I'd take Starz too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.