DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

DIRECTV Supercast Now Available for Windows Mobile

9K views 37 replies 23 participants last post by  AirRocker 
#1 ·
You can now download DIRECTV Supercast for your Windows Mobile Phone.

Windows Mobile 6.0 and 6.1 are supported.

Link: http://m.directv.com/supercast

#10 ·
mfeinstein said:
Anyone get this to install yet? I installed it on my Windows Mobile 6.1 device. It installed without a problem, but the application does not appear to be on the device. I can't find it and can't launch it.
Here are some special instructions from DIRECTV:

As an alternative install method for devices that are having issues with the single .cab install (Such as the Samsung Blackjack II)

- Download and Install Microsoft .NET 3.5 Compact Framework. Be sure to install the proper version for your device, most device can use this installation cab: http://directv.vo.llnwd.net/e4/mobile/mobilnet.cab

- Download and install the NFL Mobile Application Only: http://directv.vo.llnwd.net/e4/mobile/wmsupapp.cab

#15 ·
Awesome. This feature will come in handy for me. I've installed the program on my Omnia and it seems to be working fine. Program is listed as "NFL Mobile" and once I gave my DirecTV login info it played a short clip. Took a couple of tries to install. The .cab seemed to be particular about where I downloaded and installed it. I couldn't get it to install on my storage card. Install only worked when I had it download and install directly to the device storage.

#17 ·
Woohoo!!!

So why can't we test this on live streams today?? :)

Installed on a HTC Touch Pro 2 from T-mobile, alas I had to go with the alternative install. The installer program wasn't "signed or one of the components wasn't found". I installed from a storage card to a storage card, perhaps that was the problem?

After the alternative install, the app worked fine from a storage card.

Cheers,
Tom

#18 ·
Installed (either way) on Treo Pro, and get:

Error

An unexpected error has occurred in
WiMo_Supercast.exe.
Select Quit and then restart this program,
or select Details for more information.

System.Drawing.Bitmap

#19 ·
Installed and working on a Sprint Mogul. Didn't have to do anything special, mine worked with just regular install though it did install like 3 different files or so.

With the supercast app what are the chances we get a dvr scheduler app for windows mobile now?

#21 ·
TITAN_53 said:
Installed and working on a Sprint Mogul. Didn't have to do anything special, mine worked with just regular install though it did install like 3 different files or so.

With the supercast app what are the chances we get a dvr scheduler app for windows mobile now?
I also downloaded on a Sprint Mogul (WM 6.1). The preview video looked sharp, I will be very satisfied if the game quality is any where near the quality of the video.

A dvr scheduler app would be awesome.

#22 ·
dwcolvin said:
Installed (either way) on Treo Pro, and get:

Error

An unexpected error has occurred in
WiMo_Supercast.exe.
Select Quit and then restart this program,
or select Details for more information.

System.Drawing.Bitmap
Hard Reset (remove battery) fixed the problem (thanks, Greg!)

#23 ·
Tom Robertson said:
Woohoo!!!

So why can't we test this on live streams today?? :)

Installed on a HTC Touch Pro 2 from T-mobile, alas I had to go with the alternative install. The installer program wasn't "signed or one of the components wasn't found". I installed from a storage card to a storage card, perhaps that was the problem?

After the alternative install, the app worked fine from a storage card.

Cheers,
Tom
Tom,

You have my next phone when Verizon comes out with it.

Jim

#24 ·
one thing i dont like about it,it doesnt give you the option to rotate the video, and it only plays in wide format, so if i want to watch it vertically, everything is squashed. i have to rotate the screen first using the rotate function prior to launching the app. my hava streaming box software allows me to rotate the video using the menu.

#25 ·
dtrell said:
one thing i dont like about it,it doesnt give you the option to rotate the video, and it only plays in wide format, so if i want to watch it vertically, everything is squashed. i have to rotate the screen first using the rotate function prior to launching the app. my hava streaming box software allows me to rotate the video using the menu.
My phone is able to rotate during the video. HTC Touch Pro 2, winmobile 6.1.

Now it doesn't use the G-sensors to autorotate, but it will when I push the slider.

Cheers,
Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.