1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DirecTV superfan blackout rules?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by georgecostanza, Dec 13, 2009.

1. georgecostanza

georgecostanza Mentor

Jan 10, 2005
    I know they will blackout the Jaguars Miami game on my TV, but will they also be able to block me on the supercast computer application?

2. Go Beavs

Go Beavs Hall Of Fame

Nov 18, 2008
    Portland,...
    I don't think any games are blacked out on the SuperFan application.

3. georgecostanza

georgecostanza Mentor

Jan 10, 2005
    thanks, i hope not but i was reading a supercast faq that says they enforce blackout rules by billing zip code. anyone else know if this is true?

4. RAD

RAD Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2002
    Dripping...
    I know last year that if my local OTA station had the game it was blacked out on Supercast, even when I was on the road out of my OTA area.

5. Go Beavs

Go Beavs Hall Of Fame

Nov 18, 2008
    Portland,...
    This year, I watched a supercast game on my computer that was blacked out in the 700's and only available on my local channels. So, I'm not sure what the rules for that are exactly.

6. Shaqdan

Shaqdan Legend

Jan 23, 2009
    I have never seen a blacked out game on the Supercast app on the computer. For reference, my market is Houston, Tx.

7. joshjr

joshjr Hall Of Fame

Aug 2, 2008
    NE Oklahoma
    I have never had a blacked out game so I can not comment. My thoughts were that all games were available on it.

8. Knowledge

Knowledge AllStar

Oct 30, 2009
    If a game isn't available on NFL Sunday Ticket channels in customer's area (based on DIRECTV service address), then it's not available on Supercast. You can get Scores, stats, and highlights are available at all times (highlights require Adobe AIR). Select game "chip" from left side of screen to view that game's info

9. joshjr

joshjr Hall Of Fame

Aug 2, 2008
    NE Oklahoma
    Seems like someone said they still show all the scores on the Red Zone Channel though.

10. RAD

RAD Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2002
    Dripping...
    That's what I thought also but I just checked and the two games blacked out on ST due to them being on local OTA are availabe on Supercast, not blacked out.

11. raott

raott Hall Of Fame

Nov 23, 2005
    That may be the rule but in practice it is not true, at least in my area. I've never been blacked out on the computer.

12. Justin23

Justin23 Hall Of Fame

Jan 10, 2008
    I live in Orlando & the Jags-Fins game is blacked out on NFLST, but not on the Supercast application on my laptop. I just checked...

13. Knowledge

Knowledge AllStar

Oct 30, 2009
    It's good info to know that it's not getting blacked out on supercast. You got lucky! I know some people in FL w/o internet that are mad right now....

14. Justin23

Justin23 Hall Of Fame

Jan 10, 2008
    They should get an iPhone then! :D The Supercast iPhone app is awesome...

15. joshjr

joshjr Hall Of Fame

Aug 2, 2008
    NE Oklahoma
    So is the one for the Droid!!!

16. MountainMan10

MountainMan10 Icon

Jan 30, 2008
    All games are blacked out on ST in the home areas. But the Supercast games are only blacked out if they are blacked out in the home area.

Very few games are blacked out in the home area, so very few are ever blacked out on Supercast.

17. Justin23

Justin23 Hall Of Fame

Jan 10, 2008
    Maybe they aren't blacking out the secondary markets, because I got the Jags-Fins game in Orlando....but it was blacked out on TV.

18. kstefanec

kstefanec AllStar

May 13, 2007
    So is the one for Windows Mobile on HTC Touch Pro 2!!

BTW, never had a game blacked out on Supercast.