1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DirecTV switching to instant rebates

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by moonman, Jul 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moonman

moonman Icon

Oct 27, 2004
    http://www.theretailbridge.com/archives/view/?publication_id=2&release_id=185
    Per Bridge Media group...
    "With our customer's interests at heart, we have been reviewing our rebate program during the past few months, looking for ways to make it simple and painless. As a result, on July 12, the majority of DIRECTV's rebate programs will be transformed from a mail-in rebate process to instant rebates, that way our customers will no longer need to mail in rebate forms."

:)

2. Michael D'Angelo

Michael D'Angelo Lifetime Achiever

Oct 20, 2006
    Great find moonman. This will be very nice.

3. boba

boba Hall Of Fame

May 23, 2003
    But read the fine print there are loopholes that you must follow. It is package dependant for the lease.

4. ozonedan

ozonedan Legend

Dec 27, 2005
    Why have a rebate at all. Just lower the price!:grin:

5. moonman

moonman Icon

Oct 27, 2004
    ------------------
    From time to time, D* offers a rebate on a variety of items, including
    hardware and other special offers. This is not just a programming rebate
    thing.

6. spoonman

spoonman Icon

Feb 21, 2007
    +1

7. jptx

jptx New Member

Mar 3, 2007
    It may have something to do with Texas law changing in September regarding the processing and handling of rebates.

I would post the link to the article in the Houston Chronicle, but the system won't let me....says I have to make 5 posts first.

8. man_rob

man_rob Hall Of Fame

Feb 21, 2007
    Does anyone know if this will affect the PPV rebate coupons DirecTV sent me?

9. AlbertZeroK

AlbertZeroK Icon

Jan 28, 2006
  10. convem24

convem24 Icon

Mar 11, 2007
    I actually have the inside scoop on what the requirement for the instant rebate for new customers is. Basically they have to get into Choice Xtra and above and keep it for an undetermined period of time (I could not get the length that a customer had to stay in that package). When I can get a more definite answer I will post an answer.

11. Goober

Goober Cool Member

Jun 24, 2007
    Just subscribed tonight (new customer) and used the referral to get our friends the $50 credit and us as well, and if I were to sign up online it would have been instant. Having to call it in to the referral 1-866-xxx-xxxx number made it a mail-in rebate. CSR couldn't understand why either. Either way, I'm getting the $100; but it's a free $100 for D* to earn interest on until they kick it back to me. FWIW, we're getting the Premier package w/ 1 HR-20, 1 H20, and an SD box.

12. JLucPicard

JLucPicard Hall Of Fame

Apr 27, 2004
    Welcome aboard, Goober! :welcome_s

May all your viewing be pleasant - and HD! :)

13. Goober

Goober Cool Member

Jun 24, 2007
    Thanks! Been lurking for a while, but I have to say there's about 10 of you I've seen in just about every subforum that have been an absolute wealth of knowledge. You've all made this a pretty painless decision to switch (plus a lack of love from my cable co.). Looking forward to being around for quite a while. :)

14. legatebroke

legatebroke New Member

Mar 20, 2007
    His name isn't Goober its G Ober, the new kid in the back just drew in that other O to make it Goober....

15. Ronder

Ronder AllStar

Jul 9, 2007
    Looking at the D TV site I see I can get the PREMIER and ST for $69 a month four 4 months.

I was going to get the PLUS HD DVR package (for $64 a month for 4 months, than $69).

So my ? is, after the four months with the PREMIER and ST, can I go back the PLUS HD DVR package?

Thanks, D TV is coming on Friday!

16. boba

boba Hall Of Fame

May 23, 2003
    Yes you can downgrade the programming package.If the rules stay as they have been explained to dealers. DVR and HD rebate requires the Choice Xtra or higher programming package be chosen. 1 Rebate per account as on previous promotions R15 and H20 will be free after rebate the HR20 will be $199 after rebate. The programming package must be kept for the 4 months of the promotion.

17. Ronder

Ronder AllStar

Jul 9, 2007
    one more ?

I made my 'buy' of the HR 20 and install date (friday, July 13th, and I did not pick a package as of yet)) last Sat., am I a before July 12th deals or can I get the new deal?

Thanks

18. Goober

Goober Cool Member

Jun 24, 2007
    Nope, it's as is. :)

[​IMG]

19. Alebob911

Alebob911 Hall Of Fame

Mar 22, 2007
    CERES,CA
    No Kidding!!!!

20. JLucPicard

JLucPicard Hall Of Fame

Apr 27, 2004
    You guys must have seen some of the "how do I get the best deal" kind of threads all over the board. Even if D* lowered the price instead of doing rebates, people would still be trying to find ways to not pay for things anyway. I see nothing wrong with rebates as long as you don't need to almost kill to actually get them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.