1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

DirecTv Tivo Ads

Discussion in 'DIRECTV DVR with TiVo Discussion' started by 6stringbass, Jul 8, 2013.

1. 6stringbass

6stringbass New Member

Jul 1, 2013
    Atlanta
    For what it's worth....I just watched a DirecTV television ad touting the differences between Dish and DirecTV. After the quality superiority they then touted that DirecTV had DVRs running Tivo software. Not just a small mention but one of the primary points of the ad. Maybe since they are loudly pointing Tvo out they will take better care of their firmware! One can hope.

Steve

2. BAMCAT

BAMCAT AllStar

Nov 24, 2007
    Pitch and switch, Just pitch and switch....
    Call them up and pretend that you want to sign up and get a TiVo, they will point out that the TiVo won't work with the all home system and then they will push there Gennie HR34 on you.
    All they do is use the well known brand name of TiVo to draw you in.
    When anyone talks about a DVR, they use the TiVo name, "I'm going to TiVo that program" even if the DVR they have isn't a TiVo.

It is just like copers, back in the day anyone talking about copy machines would call then xerox machines, even if they were not xerox machines. Even today, one would say, "I need to make a xerox copy of this", then go to the cannon machine and make the copy!
    D* should have to pay a fee to TiVo every time they talk a customer out of ordering a TiVo.