1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

DirecTv Tivo

Discussion in 'DIRECTV DVR with TiVo Discussion' started by jclangston, Dec 20, 2012.

1. jclangston

jclangston Cool Member

Oct 19, 2010
    Will the THR22 ever be compatible with Directv whole home dvr? I have a feeling that it might not be due to proprietary software, maybe I'm wrong. If this option ever becames available I would gladly integrate one of these receivers into my lineup of dvr's.

2. jdspencer

jdspencer Hall Of Fame

Nov 7, 2003
  3. sbl

sbl Icon DBSTalk Club

Jul 21, 2007
    I would not hold my breath waiting for this. I don't expect it to ever happen and have not seen any hint that it might.

4. jclangston

jclangston Cool Member

Oct 19, 2010
    Thats what I think as well. It would be nice if this would happen, it would give me a reason to buy another receiver to play with.

5. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    Basically, two possibilities: slim and none... and slim is heading for the door.

6. BAMCAT

BAMCAT AllStar

Nov 24, 2007
    The THR22 is like an unwanted child that will never get a new pair of shoes.
    No upgrades, no software patches to fix known problems no added features.
    Its like a VHS tape recorder, set the timer and it records your programs, no frills.
    To bad that its just a D* bastard box with no hope and no future enhancements.
    So sad.

7. jclangston

jclangston Cool Member

Oct 19, 2010
    Yea it is sad, I think it could be a cool alternative to an HR24.