1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Directv to Dish what Dish type

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by Simonjester, Jan 7, 2012.

1. Jan 7, 2012 #1 of 15
    Simonjester

Simonjester Cool Member

Jan 7, 2012
    Ok Silly question, does any one know what type dish is installed for Colorado customers with HD? I'm moving from Directv to Dish with a older D* dish.

Thanks in advance...

2. Jan 7, 2012 #2 of 15
    MaryB@DishNetwork

MaryB@DishNetwork DISH Representative DISH Representative

Jan 18, 2011
    You will most likely get a 1000.2 dish and satellites 110,119, & 129 unless there is a line of sight issue and tech can only get Eastern Arc.

3. Jan 7, 2012 #3 of 15
    Kevin F

Kevin F Hall Of Fame

May 9, 2010
    Also depends on what satellite your locals are broadcast on. Most likely the Western Arc though.

Kevin

4. Jan 8, 2012 #4 of 15
    MaryB@DishNetwork

MaryB@DishNetwork DISH Representative DISH Representative

Jan 18, 2011
    Yes, locals in Colorado are on the Western Arc.

5. Jan 8, 2012 #5 of 15
    Rtm

Rtm Godfather

Oct 18, 2011
    Why the move to dish?

6. Jan 8, 2012 #6 of 15
    scorpion43

scorpion43 Duplicate User (Account Closed)

Mar 16, 2011
    because he wants to
    :rolleyes:

7. Jan 8, 2012 #7 of 15
    Slamminc11

Slamminc11 Hall Of Fame

Jan 27, 2005
    because it's better than direct!

8. Jan 8, 2012 #8 of 15
    Simonjester

Simonjester Cool Member

Jan 7, 2012
    5 years in a row of price increases from D*, I just was unwilling to pay what they wanted to charge for SD cable TV. Been a D* customer for 14 years, sad how they will give great deals to "new" customers but really stick it to existing customers. I could have called them and tried to negotiate a lower price as I have done for the past several years, perhaps upgraded to HD, but it was just time to move on.

9. Jan 8, 2012 #9 of 15
    boba

boba Hall Of Fame

May 23, 2003
    Before you jump ship take a more in depth look at DISH costs. DISH also has had just about annual price increases usually in the Feb-March time frames. They have also adjusted the fees for additional receivers so each additional receiver can cost you from $7-17 per month depending on what it is. Those low monthly fees are 12 month promotional offerings with a 24 month commitment. I have had both services and DISH can be cheaper depending on choices you make, but then again D* can also be cheaper depending on your choices.:):):)

10. scorpion43

scorpion43 Duplicate User (Account Closed)

Mar 16, 2011
    and let me guess ,you now have directv :rolleyes:

11. boba

boba Hall Of Fame

May 23, 2003
    Wrong guess I have DISH with a VIP612.:):):)

12. Simonjester

Simonjester Cool Member

Jan 7, 2012
    I understand both companies might / will do annual price increases however with the 12 month credit and free HD, E* just wins for now. For the past several years I had gotten D* to issue a monthly credit but it seems more and more difficult...

It does suck to go from no commitment to a 24m commitment but its only 2 years. Question at the end of the 24 m commitment can you just go month to month or do you have to renew for another 24m? Currently on the DHA-24 agreement...

The main reason for this post I'm trying to see what the OD of the E* mast would be. I think it will match my current D* mount, however I'm not sure if I will be able to reuse the current mount spot. I have my D* dish mounted on the side of my house pointed up right past my neighbors roofline. I think the E* birds are lower in the sky, so back to a roof mounted dish. Guess I will find out once the installer shows up...

13. churdie

churdie Legend

May 4, 2003
    stay with directv just jumped back to directv from dish picture clear new guide is fast and gave me $200 to pay termination fee glad to be back

14. Slamminc11

Slamminc11 Hall Of Fame

Jan 27, 2005
    you go month to month unless you decide to upgrade then you would be back to a 24 month commitment...well as of today anyway

15. CeeWoo

CeeWoo Godfather

Dec 1, 2008
    I know exactly what you mean! I was one of those 'early' adopters of little dishes, and went with direct when they were only sold (not rented/leased). Cost me $800 for a single room system. After a few years, they were basically giving away 2 receivers to new customers (w/DVR). I asked if there was anyway I could get a 2nd rec (w/DVR) and the reply was "sure, for only $800 we'll set you right up". So I dumped them and went to dish-that was many years and monthly payments ago

(oh, and then I sold my Direct system on Ebay and got a pretty good chunk of change for it)