1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DirecTV to offer local telephone service!

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by Scott Greczkowski, Sep 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scott Greczkowski

Scott Greczkowski Banned User

Mar 21, 2002
  2. EricG

EricG Godfather

Mar 28, 2002
    By Golly, there gonna enforce that Phone Line Connection even if it means THEY'RE the phone company!

3. Karl Foster

Karl Foster Hall Of Fame

Mar 23, 2002
    What is the big deal about having a phone connection? Mine have always been hooked up to phone line, and I don't feel like I am being violated in any way. My PPV's show up each month, so there are no surprises.

I can understand those who have cell service only, but for a normal land-line home, a phone line keeps everyone honest and helps D* keep the integrity of their product and keeps people from ripping them off. There are even wireless phone jacks for those who don't have a jack nearby.

When I signed up with D*, it was on my contract that I would have my receivers hooked up to a phone line. I'm pretty sure everyone's contract said the same thing, so why the complaints?

4. Ryan

Ryan Icon

Apr 24, 2002
    It's voice over IP (VOIP) via their DirecTV/DSL service, so it appears you still need a regualr phone line for your DSL to be delivered.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.