1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Directv to Pay Cable costs?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by enigma96, Nov 13, 2010.

1. enigma96

enigma96 AllStar

May 22, 2005
    I saw somewhere that Directv had a promo where it would be your cable costs if you cancelled your contract. But now I can't seem to find that anymore. Is this promo still around and if so how much do they cover?

2. jdspencer

jdspencer Hall Of Fame

Nov 7, 2003
    You should call DirecTV and ask them. If they don't actually pay off your cable cancellation cost, they might give you a good deal that would offset those costs.

3. Glen_D

Glen_D Legend

Oct 21, 2006
    I don't recall a promotion where DirecTV would pay early termination fees for Cable service.

I have heard of Cable companies paying early termination fees (up to a certain dollar amount) for satellite customers, though; probably since contracts are much more common for satellite customers than for Cable. Even if the Cable company has promos with contracts, they almost always offer the same services without a contract at the same non-promotional pricing you would be paying when your contract expires.

Still, it wouldn't hurt to contact DirecTV to see if they can offer anything.

4. cariera

cariera Icon

Oct 27, 2006
    Again, calling and asking would be the recommended course of action.

I recall about a year ago that Directv had a promotion to pay (through a Visa gift card) up to $200 in cancelation fees. I do not remember if that was for switching from a specific provider, like Dish, or just any provider.

Some of their offers are only available on outbound calls or in specific markets, so keep that in mind.

Good luck.:)

5. Max Mike

Max Mike AllStar

Oct 18, 2008
    DirecTV did offer last month to pay any cable early termination fees of up to $200 if I would return.

6. billsharpe

billsharpe Hall Of Fame

Jan 25, 2007
    Southern...
    TWC advertises that there are no upfront fees or long-term commitments, at least in the LA area. I haven't taken them up on the offer, so I don't know what might be in the fine print.