1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DIRECTV Transponder Maps: Data 3/16/09

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Tips and Resources' started by Gary Toma, Mar 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gary Toma

Gary Toma UNIX DBSTalk Club

Mar 22, 2006
    The attachments to this post cover DIRECTV Channels and Transponders, both CONUS (Continental US or National beams) and LIL (Local Into Local or Spot beams).

Three PDF documents provide the data for DIRECTV Satellites at the 99, 101, 103, 110 and 119 West positions, formatted in three ways:

1. A full listing in Network Number sequence
    2. A full listing in Channel Name sequence
    3. A full listing in Channel Number sequence
    At this time the data for the 72.5W and 95W sats are not included.

Three supplemental documents are also provided:

• A Transponder and Network Number Networklist reference sheet. This information is particularly useful in understanding the LIL data.
    • A Network Decoder map showing the satellites and transponders graphically as they appear on your receiver.
    • And for those of you who prefer to work with the data in Excel, a file rollyourown.xls is provided.

All documents are fully unprotected so you may copy and use the data as you wish.

2. Gary Toma

Mar 22, 2006
    Some serious thanks are due to our member 'doctor j' who has successfully taken on the role of Transponder Map data acquisition. It is his hard work and dedication that have paid off and now enables us to post current, accurate maps once again. Thank You 'doctor j'!

We have a couple of other folks working to get themselves operational. Our fondest hope is that with two or three folks sharing the load, we can perhaps update all this Transponder information on a regular bi-weekly basis, with more frequent updates during periods of high change rates.

3. jefbal99

jefbal99 Hall Of Fame

Sep 7, 2007
    Great work gct and Doctor J, I have the equipment setup to pull data as well, however, due to recent laptop issues haven't been able to dedicate the time to this work. I hope to be able to pull data for the next round of updates.

4. dreadlk

dreadlk Hall Of Fame

Sep 18, 2007
    Great Work, Thanks.

5. LameLefty

LameLefty I used to be a rocket scientist

Sep 28, 2006
    Middle...
    Don't mean to criticize your work, guys, but according to your data parsing, Nashville locals are entirely gone. :p Somehow I don't think that's correct.

Network 643 only shows up for an RSN alternate, so far as I can tell, and none of our locals are listed. In the past, they showed up just fine on tp 17 from D11 at 99W. Prior to that they were on tp 2 from SW2 at 99W.

Now, nada. I presume that's just a glitch in the parsing and I'm not, in fact, getting mysterious signals from another dimension. :p

The missing channels are WKRN ch. 2, WSMV ch. 4, WTVF ch. 5, WNPT ch. 8, WZTV ch. 17, WCTE ch. 22, WUXP ch. 30, and WNAB ch. 58. Just FYI.

6. mikeyd1276

mikeyd1276 New Member

Mar 20, 2009
    I can't seem to find the New York HD locals either. I was able to find the DNS channels, but can't find TPs for WWOR & WPIX.

7. dreadlk

dreadlk Hall Of Fame

Sep 18, 2007
    I have nothing to do with putting this together but I do know that the Local Spotbeam stuff is very hard to do, it requires the help of other people in those locations. I doubt it will ever be perfect.

8. dettxw

dettxw MRVing

Nov 21, 2007
    Choctaw, OK
    At least the digital versions of the local (OKC) CW and PBS stations still appear in the list, so still hope of actually receiving them as LiLs.

9. Gary Toma

Mar 22, 2006
    mikeyd1276 and LameLefty,

You are both absolutely correct. Sometime during the process of my turning the crank on the datagrinder, I lost 172 channels. These are all LIL channels for Network Numbers 632 through 646. So if others noticed missing channels too, you are right.

The problem is purely mine in parsing the data. The raw data was all there.

I hope to have corrected documents uploaded by tomorrow early evening at the latest.

Again - sorry for the error - :(
    gct

10. Gary Toma

Mar 22, 2006
    The four prime document files have been corrected and uploaded:

by_channelnum
    by_channelname
    by_networknum
    roll_your_own.xls

The documents now include the 172 LIL channels left out of the original run.

Sorry Again...

11. Gary Toma

Mar 22, 2006
    For those of you interested in the 72 and 95 sats:

Attached is a single document providing the Transponder Map for the 72.5W and 95W satellites in channel number sequence. Going forward, we will be able to include this data melded in with all the other TPN data.

There are only 84 channels listed, with only one shown for the D1R sat at 72.5W.

Once again, Thanks to 'doctor j' for capturing the data for us.

12. Gary Toma

Mar 22, 2006
    The data attachments to this thread have been deleted. Please see the new TPN Map thread posted 4/2/09 for the most current information.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.