1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

DirecTV Wants To Sell You A Home Security System

Discussion in 'News' started by Athlon646464, Jun 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Athlon646464

Athlon646464 Gold Members DBSTalk Gold Club

Feb 23, 2007
    Uxbridge, MA
    DirecTV Wants To Sell You A Home Security System

DirecTV’s terrestrial-cable competitors like Comcast and Time Warner offer home security systems, a logical extension of a business that’s already running wires through and piping information back and forth from customers’ homes. DirecTV decided to get a piece of that very profitable action, and bought an existing alarm company, LifeShield Home Security.

The acquisition makes sense for reasons other than what their competitors are currently doing. They already have a nationwide network of installers and technicians, along with an existing customer base to market home security services to. Even as more Americans begin to realize they might not really need pay TV, no one is downloading alarm services for free over BitTorrent. (Yet.)

LifeShield currently has at least 20,000 customers nationwide.

Full Story Links & Continuing Discussion Here

2. SamC

SamC Hall Of Fame

Jan 20, 2003
    No sale, thanks.

If there is anything (other than whole life life insurance) more worthless than an alarm system, I don't know what it might be.

3. damondlt

damondlt New Member

Feb 27, 2006
    Newfoundland...
  4. Athlon646464

Feb 23, 2007
    Uxbridge, MA
    @damondlt

My link takes you to that original thread - I don't know why you guys are posting here.

This area (News) creates a News story on the home page......

5. damondlt

damondlt New Member

Feb 27, 2006
    Newfoundland...
    Because you have it coming up here as a thread. If its just a headline that redirects you to original post then this should be locked.
    It must be 2 threads otherwise it wouldn't have came up in the New Post areas!

6. Athlon646464

Feb 23, 2007
    Uxbridge, MA
    I agree - posts should be locked here.

Unfortunately (at least for now) there is no 'clean' way to get a headline to the home page other than by creating a thread here. Locking these threads is a good solution. I

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.