1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Directv won't put in order for MRV

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by blade, Jun 22, 2010.

1. blade

blade AllStar

Sep 20, 2006
    I called to inquire/request MRV for my home (I currently have 3 HD DVRs (2 HR22-100 and HR21-700) and 3 SD DVRs) and they got to the point of trying to place the order and then told me I already had 2 orders? I have no current orders and earlier this year I added one of the HD DVRs and upgraded an old SD box to an SD DVR so they are telling me that I can only have 2 orders per year and I have to wait till Jan (will be 1 year from when I got those) before I can do anything. I told them this is ridiculous what if I happened to get a new TV or wanted to upgrade another room? She checked with her supervisor and said no it is a 2 order limit. I said "So Directv doesn't want my money?" and she laughed and said I guess not. Call back in January and they can help me.

Is this standard procedure? I have never heard of any 2 order limit? I have been a customer since 06 with them and have good standing and I order most of the sports packages (MLB, NFL ST) so it isn't like I am a lite customer. I tried the Beta of the MRV but I am just using my network through a Powerline converter and it hiccups and stutters a lot especially when watching HD. So I figure I need the SWiM and DECA setup and that should solve my MRV woes, but now they won't do it for me.

Any suggestions?

2. The Merg

The Merg 1*

Jun 24, 2007
    Northern VA
    Never heard of a two order limit before. I can understand them do something like that for customers for which they have no account history, but a 4 year subscriber shouldn't be one of those.

I would try calling back up and seeing if you can get it added. If that doesn't work, you might want to try to contact Ellen Filipiak's office <ellen.filipiak@directv.com>, VP of Customer Service. Try calling first before e-mailing her office though.

- Merg

3. blade

blade AllStar

Sep 20, 2006
    What is the phone number for Ellen's office?

4. Blurayfan

Blurayfan Hall Of Fame

Nov 16, 2005
    Illinois
    Email them from here.

5. blade

blade AllStar

Sep 20, 2006
    thanks for the help. someone from the customer advocacy office got in contact with me last week and said it must have been some kind of issue with the system that day when i was trying to order because it was working ok now and they were able to place the order for me.