1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

DIRECTV2PC Activation Key

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by Bryanw80, Nov 24, 2008.

1. Bryanw80

Bryanw80 New Member

Nov 22, 2008
    I accidentally deleted my key to install DIRECTV2PC. Went back to enter my name and email again since it says you can get 2 keys. I still have not received it from Direct TV? Is there any other way to get one or find out why I have not received it yet. I received the first one instantly, but the second is not showing up? Thanks

2. HDTVsportsfan

HDTVsportsfan Chat Room Moderator

Nov 29, 2005
    I would either try it again by requesting it (even tho you have already doen it for a second key), or email support and see if they can help.

3. dave29

dave29 DIRECTV A-Team

Feb 18, 2007
    download again with a different email address. i did it yesterday.

4. Spazzman

Spazzman AllStar

Oct 8, 2006
    I would register a free email account some where and put your middle initial in your name and then just ask for another key. They are only tracking the numer of keys by your e-mail address...

5. nosnih

nosnih New Member

Nov 25, 2008
    Every time you register for a directv2pc activation key, you must download the program again.

You will not receive the activation key until you download directv2pc.exe. The cyberlink server tracks the download, and when it completes, the email is sent to you.

6. Bryanw80

Bryanw80 New Member

Nov 22, 2008
    This is correct, worked like a charm

7. Throckmorton

Throckmorton Godfather

Dec 7, 2007
    But you don't need to actually let it finish. You just need to start the download, then you can cancel it.

You'll still get the key.

8. veryoldschool

veryoldschool Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Dec 9, 2006
    "Not always".
    My Keys would come right AFTER I finished the download.

9. Throckmorton

Throckmorton Godfather

Dec 7, 2007
    Understood, but it is more a matter of timing. When I made the realization was when I once received the key _before_ the DL was complete. It probably depends on server load more than anything else.

I have canceled every subsequent download and still received a key within a few minutes.

There are probably several reasons why you may not receive a key but canceling the DL isn't one of them.

10. veryoldschool

veryoldschool Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Dec 9, 2006
    "OK", but if someone does have a problem getting a key [many have], then they should wait for the download to complete.

11. Throckmorton

Throckmorton Godfather

Dec 7, 2007
    Sure... Even though it won't matter.