1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Directv2pc and xe104

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by mikeluce, Dec 20, 2009.

1. mikeluce

mikeluce Cool Member

Apr 10, 2008
    I've done some searching, but haven't seen this problem listed before so I thought I'd toss it out to the huddled masses. Apologies in advance if I'm missing something obvious...

I've got one of my HR21s connected to the net via XE104 power line adapters. The config is: HR21 -> XE104 (1) -> XE104 (2) -> Belkin router -> DSL modem.

In this config the HR21 can see the net and use DOD, but when I run Directv2pc on my Dell attached to the Belkin it doesn't discover the HR21. If I attach the Dell to one of the spare ports on the HR21's XE104 (#1 above) it discovers and plays fine.

My first thought was that some discovery protocol was getting filtered by the XE104s, but nobody else seems to have that problem (at least not that I could find by searching the forums). I tried to find any specific ports that need to be opened, but didn't see anything there, either.

Am I missing something obvious?

Thanks again for any help….

2. veryoldschool

veryoldschool Lifetime Achiever Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Dec 9, 2006
    Not an expert here, but I'd be looking at the Belkin and trying to open ports.

3. mikeluce

mikeluce Cool Member

Apr 10, 2008
    I can seem to find any docs that describe what ports Directv2pc requires to be open...

4. veryoldschool

veryoldschool Lifetime Achiever Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Dec 9, 2006