1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

DIRECTV2PC/PowerDVD Issues

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by Doug Brott, Nov 12, 2008.

Problems with DIRECTV2PC and PowerDVD?

1. I am using PowerDVD & DIRECT2PC with no problems

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. I am using PowerDVD & DIRECTV2PC but have problems

23 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. I am using DIRECTV2PC only

13 vote(s)
    14.1%
  4. I do not use DIRECTV2PC

56 vote(s)
    60.9%
  1. Doug Brott

Doug Brott Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Jul 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Now that we've had a few more days to look at DIRECTV2PC, I'd like for folks to check in again. Please respond in the Poll if you are having issues with PowerDVD and DIRECTV2PC playing nicely together. In addition, if you are having problems, please report the following information so that it will be easier to track down where there may be problems:

1. VGA model
    2. VGA driver version
    3. PowerDVD version and build number
    4. The firmware version of DirectTV set top box
    5. OS and service pack version
    6. The exact steps to reproduce the issue
    7. If possible, snapshot or write down the information as shown in the box below:
      [​IMG]

If you have PowerDVD and things are working correctly, feel free to indicate in the poll.

Attached Files:

2. timmmaaayyy2003

timmmaaayyy2003 Hall Of Fame

Jan 27, 2008
    I had to completely remove all traces of PowerDVD to get it to work on my desktop machine.

Never really used PowerDVD to begin with, so it wasn't a big deal. I haven't tried to reinstall or use it since.

-PowerDVD version and build number - Honestly don't remember. Haven't used it in a long time.
    -DirecTV2PC build number - version 4526
    -OS and service pack version - Vista SP1
    -The exact steps to reproduce the issue. - System would crash when attempting to view recordings and shut D2PC down. Found steps to completely remove codecs etc from PowerDVD from Programs and registry. Now all runs, but HD remains choppy. Not surprising since the PC is a single core 2.01GHz machine. Works well on laptop w/dual core 1.7GHz, but has to be wired network. Wireless g is still choppy on HD.
    -If possible, snapshot or write down the information

Hope this helps and I look forward to the less CPU intensive version as this one loses network too often to be useful.

By the way, stardog needs to enable private messages in her profile to recieve them.

3. waynebtx

waynebtx Hall Of Fame

Dec 24, 2006
    Kingsville,T...
    Never uised PowerDVD.

4. Crypter

Crypter Godfather

Jun 21, 2007
    I had PowerDVD 8 Installed on my system when I installed DirecTV2PC and I did not have any issues installing or using DirecTV2PC, I did not try PowerDVD 8. However, I uninstalled PowerDVD 8 from my system recently when I bought my LG Blu-Ray Burner/HD-DVD Player and installed PowerDVD 7 (for HD-DVD support). I have been able to run both PowerDVD 7 and DirecTV2PC flawlessly on my system. No problems whatsoever.

5. Spanky_Partain

Spanky_Partain New Member

Dec 7, 2006
    I have downloaded it and got my license key, but I am waiting until I update my PC to a more robust capable PC.

6. dettxw

dettxw MRVing

Nov 21, 2007
    Choctaw, OK
    I have some limited version that plays Blu-rays on the desktop, will post some more info on it when I get home.

No problems though with the Dell-provided PowerDVD that works with the Blu-ray reader/writer.
    (though I may have disabled the automatic play function)

7. Zellster

Zellster AllStar

Aug 3, 2007
    Does anyone know if PowerDVD can work with multiple monitors? I know DIRECTV2PC doesn't and that's a real bummer.

8. JerseyBoy

JerseyBoy Legend

Sep 1, 2006
    I voted no problems but wanted to note that I have powerdvd ultra 8 and my OS is Vista 64. I also have arcsoft total media theater, nero 8 and the tridef 3d player installed on the same PC.

9. Blurayfan

Blurayfan Hall Of Fame

Nov 16, 2005
    Illinois
    No problems with PowerDVD 8 Ultra (8.0.2217) and DIRECTV2PC installed together on Vista Home Premium.

10. Grentz

Grentz New Member

Jan 10, 2007
    Sorry, dont use PowerDVD.

11. Zellster

Zellster AllStar

Aug 3, 2007
    Can PowerDVD be used to play the HR20 playlist or are you limited to using DIRECTV2PC app to watching them?

I was hoping PowerDVD could be used to get around the one monitor scenario.

12. svcguy

svcguy Mentor

Apr 4, 2007
    Nothing to report here. Never had a problem with the two.

1. VGA - Radeon 3400
    2. VGA Driver - Catalyst 8.541
    3. PowerDVD version and build number - 7.3 build unknown, from an retail (LG) drive bundle CD
    4. DirecTV Firmware - HR20 0x29B
    5. OS - Vista Home Premium x64 SP1

13. georgeorwell

georgeorwell AllStar

Jun 21, 2007
    Interesting....I couldn't get this to work on my PC (works fine on my laptop) and I figured it was normal Cyberlink errors with HDCP (trying either single HDCP compliant monitor wouldn't even work). I tried again tonight, and it's now working. Looks like latest nVidia driver is what did the trick. Very cool!

Oh, and I also use PowerDVD (latest version) with Directv2PC with no problems.

14. mogulman

mogulman Godfather

Mar 19, 2007
    Doesn't work for me.

I get the following error:
    Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: DIRECTV2PC(TM).exe
    Application Version: 1.1.0.4526
    Application Timestamp: 48dc5cb4
    Fault Module Name: CLNetShow.dll
    Fault Module Version: 1.1.0.4421
    Fault Module Timestamp: 48a98377
    Exception Code: c0000005
    Exception Offset: 0000fd23
    OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.256.6
    Locale ID: 1033
    Additional Information 1: 7fa5
    Additional Information 2: 6d9c2673fe8b6fbc9a3f250e93a789eb
    Additional Information 3: 7d61
    Additional Information 4: 0b0ed365f1b7d1ae05bcd2cc89ebdb88

Using PowerDVD 7DX that came with my Dell Latitude D630 running Vista Business 32bit SP1. Laptop has an Nvidia 135m Video chipset, using the latest Dell drivers (Forceware 174.31). Dedicated 128mb Video ram + shared 1278mb. I have 3gb ram Intel T7200 CPU.

I can start up the Direct2PC app and see the recorded videos. When I click play, then the app crashes.

15. Groundhog45

Groundhog45 Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Nov 9, 2005
    Cedar Park,...
    I got the same error as Mogulman for quite a while and never got it to work until I uninstalled PowerDVD and also the Cyberlink Advisor while trying the latest version. It finally worked and I have since reinstalled the PowerDVD. The DirecTV2PC is still working. I think the PowerDVD is version 7.

16. mogulman

mogulman Godfather

Mar 19, 2007
    Tried uninstalling PowerDVD 7 DX from Dell on my D630 and using PowerDVD 7 Standard with latest patch from Cyberlink's web-site. Still Direct2PC crashes when playing any video.

17. mogulman

mogulman Godfather

Mar 19, 2007
    Ok.. My issue is unrelated to PowerDVD. I uninstalled PowerDVD and am now using WinDVD 9 instead. Directv2PC still crashes the same way.

I tried reinstalling Directv2pc also. No luck.

18. mogulman

mogulman Godfather

Mar 19, 2007
    Removing the Program Files\Cyberlink directory seems to have fixed things with Directv2PC.

19. chevyman601

chevyman601 Legend

Feb 23, 2007
    i uninstalled PowerDVD and Directv2PC works now

20. gimp

gimp AllStar

Jul 29, 2006
    I uninstalled PowerDVD and Directv2PC still doesn't work. Directv2PC installs and launches OK, but attempting to play results in Vista closing the application due to a failure.