1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DirecTV2PC stuttering with DECA

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by Mockenrue, Nov 25, 2010.

1. Mockenrue

Mockenrue Mentor

Oct 11, 2006
    I have my PC hooked up to my HR24-500 via DECA. I didn't use DirecTV2PC very often since my connected home install, but when I did it always worked flawlessly (with virtually no stuttering). However, the last two times that I used it - last week and today - the picture and sound stutter constantly. It can't hold a consistent stream. As far as I know, nothing has changed on my end. From what I can tell, the connected home works fine between HR24s. I've already tried cycling power to the router (FIOS actiontek) and the DECA adapter.

The PC that I'm using is right next to the router that bridges the DECA using the "connected home adapter". Since it's using DECA, wireless isn't in the picture. I should also mention that the PC is a core i7 with 6 GB of ram and a high-end graphics card running Windows 7. No issue there. What can I check to see where the bottleneck might be? Are there any diagnostics? Any setting suggestions?

2. The Merg

The Merg 1*

Jun 24, 2007
    Northern VA

First, I would definitely check to make sure that the recordings are playing work on both the local receiver and a remote receiver. If they work fine there and not on DirecTV2PC, try running the DirecTV2PC compatibility checker just to see if it throws up any red flags.

- Merg

3. Mockenrue

Mockenrue Mentor

Oct 11, 2006
    Seems like it is getting worse. Now I get stuttering when a show is being watched in my living room, while a different show (from the living room HR-24) is being watched on the basement HR-24. Is there any way to measure the throughput on the connected home network?