1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

DIRECTV2PC v7507 - Issues & Discussion

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by Doug Brott, Aug 2, 2011.

1. Aug 2, 2011 #1 of 470
    Doug Brott

Doug Brott Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Jul 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Important Note:

Please, DO NOT CALL CUSTOMER SUPPORT about this version.
    Your cooperation in this matter is greatly appreciated.

The Contents of this Download: (Differences based on previous version)

Please subscribe to the Extra, Extra! thread for news about DIRECTV2PC updates.

Download v7507
    Download DIRECTV2PC Playback Advisor

New features
    • No new features since last version

Improved/Updated
    • Stability

Notes
    • Please use your existing DIRECTV2PC key .. If you do not have one, please complete the Beta Download process @ http://www.directv.com/directv2pc
    • New Codecs may be download & installed as part of the setup/activation process after installation.

2. Aug 2, 2011 #2 of 470
    dettxw

dettxw MRVing

Nov 21, 2007
    Choctaw, OK
    They're still working on it, eh? Been a long time since the last update!
    Haven't used it so much since we got MRV but I'll load it up and give it a go.

3. Aug 2, 2011 #3 of 470
    Donb01

Donb01 Legend

Feb 8, 2007
    Manitowoc, WI
    Installed, used key, activated. Connected to HR20-700. Win 7 32-bit Ultimate, Outlook, firefox and Trillian Comm program running in background.

Was playing Torchwood, most recent episode. Ran about 20 minutes and had an APPCRASH and exited. No further info unless in the future they want us to post the contents of the APPCRASH box.

4. Aug 2, 2011 #4 of 470
    davring

davring Hall Of Fame

Jan 13, 2007
    Been using the old version, without problems, for months. Now when I run the Advisor I get strange results, it does not recognize my CPU(AMD PhenomII X6 1075T) nor my graphics card(ATI Radeon HD5770 1Gb). I suppose I should not upgrade?

5. Aug 2, 2011 #5 of 470
    hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001 DIRECTV A-Team

Jul 28, 2004
    WOW - very smooth install.

Very fast detection of all the HD DVRs on the network here - fastest to date.

The menu operation and playback is also very quick.

Only one quirk - during the first playback - it asked me for the 4 digit code to release parental controls...even though I have it unlocked on the HD DVR being viewed already.

Otherwise - flawless playback.

6. Aug 2, 2011 #6 of 470
    DaddyRabbit

DaddyRabbit New Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Here we go again ;( ! Installed with my previous SN and un-install/install went OK. Ran the app and got the "You Must Activate" notification. pasted in my key and got a "Activation Limit Reached" warning so no-go.

Should've just left it alone...

7. Aug 2, 2011 #7 of 470
    cypherx

cypherx Hall Of Fame

Aug 27, 2010
    PA - Berks...
    I would like to try this on my desktop computer. It says the logmein mirror driver is not compatable. That shouldnt matter right, because not like I'm going to be using this through logmein.

Does say to update my AMD catalyst drivers. I will download that and try to run the thing again.

I have the old version installed on my laptop, but its so buggy and hardly anything plays (at least HD content doesn't play, or is very choppy/buggy).

8. Aug 2, 2011 #8 of 470
    cypherx

cypherx Hall Of Fame

Aug 27, 2010
    PA - Berks...
    Ok I updated my AMD/ATI graphics driver and reran the DirecTV PC advisor tool. It still errors on the graphics driver even though the AMD tool supposedly detected the best/latest driver out there and installed it.

Should I still proceed with the hassle of re-registering it and installing it to this PC?

Also the DirecTV2PC adviser tool incorrectly detects the amount of RAM in my computer. Attached screenshots.

9. Aug 2, 2011 #9 of 470
    cypherx

cypherx Hall Of Fame

Aug 27, 2010
    PA - Berks...
    Oh I don't know if the driver detection is working either. Look at attached screen shots. I'm going to try to install it anyway.

10. Aug 2, 2011 #10 of 470
    davring

davring Hall Of Fame

Jan 13, 2007
    I had similar errors with ATI, everything is up to date) and decided to leave well enough alone, the old version works fine.

11. Aug 2, 2011 #11 of 470
    barryb

barryb New Member

Aug 26, 2007
    I got the "activation failed, enter new key" as well. I don't have any other keys, so this version will not work for me.

Attached Files:

12. Aug 2, 2011 #12 of 470
    barryb

barryb New Member

Aug 26, 2007
    Update: I found an older key and got it to activate, and got this next message. In each case here my computer locks up for a couple minutes.

Attached Files:

13. Aug 2, 2011 #13 of 470
    cypherx

cypherx Hall Of Fame

Aug 27, 2010
    PA - Berks...
    I get activation limit reached. Is that because I have it installed on my laptop? If I uninstall it from my laptop will part of the uninstaller process release the key so I can install it on my desktop?

I know with Adobe products there is an unregistered licence option in one of the help menus that you run before uninstalling, that way you can reinstall on another computer.

They seem really strict about the activation keys. Microsoft even lets you use the same key a few times just in case you formatted your PC or something. The DirecTV2PC app seems to say it is for playing back protected content. But without a key you still can't play back recordings from say FOX, ABC, CBS? I could understand not being able to playback recordings from any non shopping channel or FTA channel above 100.

14. Aug 2, 2011 #14 of 470
    barryb

barryb New Member

Aug 26, 2007
    Update 2: when I now click on the DIRECTV2PC (.exe) icon, it wants to install codecs, then give me this:

Attached Files:

15. Aug 2, 2011 #15 of 470
    davring

davring Hall Of Fame

Jan 13, 2007
    Now I really am glad I did'nt try and upgrade:)

16. Aug 2, 2011 #16 of 470
    barryb

barryb New Member

Aug 26, 2007
    Update 3: I have not rebooted yet.... but getting close. I clicked on the .exe file and now I've been on the "receiver selection" screen for right about 5 minutes. Program seems to be hung up.

17. Aug 2, 2011 #17 of 470
    cypherx

cypherx Hall Of Fame

Aug 27, 2010
    PA - Berks...
    Ok I ended up sending a new activation code to another one of my email addresses. It took that, did a codec download, installed it and it seems to work.

I'd say the warnings about the video drivers are faulty. It works fine. Navigation is a little slow, but I'm streaming Hell's Kitchen right now off of Fox29 HD. Interesting that I can't take a screenshot of it. Well I can, but you don't see the actual video. They really did secure it. Reminds me of the "Video Overlay" I used to have in the 90's with a creative labs DVD decoder card that your VGA cable had to pass through.

Now only if you could watch LiveTV on this thing, presuming you had a receiver with an unoccupied tuner somewhere in your MRV cloud. That an an iPad port of this would be AWESOME.

18. Aug 2, 2011 #18 of 470
    barryb

barryb New Member

Aug 26, 2007
    After multiple freezeups I got the program to see one of my DVRs. See enclosed pictures above.

I didn't have to reboot.

I am now watching content on my computer again.

When I drag the window from one screen to another it does freeze for a moment but comes back.

19. Aug 2, 2011 #19 of 470
    barryb

barryb New Member

Aug 26, 2007
    Issue:

When attempting a playback of "Weeds", "Big C" played instead. "Big C" was the program listed under "Weeds" in my program list.

It said "Weeds" above the scroll bar (at the bottom of the screen), but was playing "Big C" instead.

I restarted the program and "Weeds" was playing.

20. Aug 2, 2011 #20 of 470
    davring

davring Hall Of Fame

Jan 13, 2007
    Mine does the same, I assumed the pause was my video card making adjustments as my two monitors are slightly different resolutions.