1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

DirecTV's Root Sports Rocky Mountain Signs with the MWC

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by sdk009, May 16, 2013.

1. sdk009

sdk009 Icon

Jan 19, 2007
    Kihei, Maui, HI
    The Mountain West Conference has found a home for football and basketball games that aren't picked up by ESPN, CBS Sports or NBC Sports Net
    http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2013/may/15/mountain-west-root-sports-partnership/

The question is will the games be sub-licensed to other carriers in the footprint of the Mountain West Conference.

2. lokar

lokar Icon

Oct 7, 2006
    Our newspaper here in Boise says that "most games involving Boise State are expected to be available on Root Sports Northwest." This is a big deal here since Root Sports Rocky Mtn. is an out of market RSN for this area.

3. espnjason

espnjason Armchair Referee

Sep 30, 2008
    I don't immediately recall, but I thought TWCSN had some San Diego State basketball games but I'm uncertain how long that was in effect. The four games mentioned in the article should be an easy pickup for TWCSN.

4. adkinsjm

adkinsjm Icon

Mar 25, 2003
    "However, the Mountain West is planning to unveil a new digital network this fall that will air all football and basketball games, as well as some other sports.

Hedlund said all games on Root Sports will be streamed online for free on this new network."