1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

DIRT Team help?

Discussion in 'DISH™ High Definition Discussion' started by mnassour, Aug 31, 2014.

1. mnassour

mnassour Icon

Apr 23, 2002
    DIRT team...any idea why the Longhorn Network had no HD for the Saturday night game? Dish has said on several occasions that games on LHN would be HD, while other programming would be SD. I called in and was given (literally) five different reasons why, all of them demonstratibly wrong. I was hoping one of you might be able to find out and tell us if we can expect any HD off LHN at all. There's a nice blank channel labelled LHN HD with no video on it.

2. Mike.H_DISHNetwork

Mike.H_DISHNetwork DISH Representative DISH Representative

Feb 1, 2011
    mnassour,

I have fielded a few reports about the Texas game last night not being played in HD. I have checked several zip codes (Arkansas and Houston Texas) to see if the game was listed in the guide as being in HD and it was listed to play.

A report has been filed about this issue to get a better idea of why it was not played in HD.

Thanks

3. mnassour

mnassour Icon

Apr 23, 2002
    Thank you Mike, when I called in last night to inquire, thinking it might be on an alternate channel, I got all kinds of replies, none even close to accurate. Since Dish had repeatedly stated, even in press releases, that HD would be available for the two games, then I fully expected this.

In 78748, the game was not listed in the guide on the HD channel 407. However, the guide changed programming at game time (7:00 p.m.) so, being a new customer, I thought that would indicate the game would be carried. It, of course, did not.

The next LHN game isn't until October 18. I'm really hopeful this can be fixed by then, especially as the SD video from LHN is simply so smearly that the channel might as well not be carried, IMHO.

I appreciate it! Mike Nassour

4. Sep 3, 2014 #4 of 18
    augie

augie Cool Member

Nov 27, 2007
    St. John, USVI
    I'm having a similar issue with the SEC Network and my Hopper, except it doesn't even show a HD option for channels 401-01 through 401-03 on the EPG. My zip code is 00830 but the CSR I spent an hour with on chat yesterday said that wasn't the issue and said I would need to schedule a tech visit. Any help/ideas?

Thanks!

5. Sep 3, 2014 #5 of 18
    James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    SEC-ESPN is on 404-01 in HD ... not 401-01. (401 is the Golf Channel.)

6. Sep 3, 2014 #6 of 18
    augie

augie Cool Member

Nov 27, 2007
    St. John, USVI
    I'm sorry - I meant 404-01. I only get those channels 404-01 to 404-03 in SD.

I'm relieved to hear that they're supposed to be in HD. That gives me hope that I may eventually be able to see it.

According to the CSR (Allan) my receiver, smart card, software, and programming are all such that I should be getting it in HD.

We went through all of the standard system checks, reset the receiver, and he said he was sending a signal to the receiver that was supposed to make the change, all to no avail.

I was kind of hoping to find someone else on here that had the same issue and knew the path to getting it resolved. Maybe I'll be "that guy" for the next time...

7. Sep 3, 2014 #7 of 18
    augie

augie Cool Member

Nov 27, 2007
    St. John, USVI
    My local DISH guy said that SEC in HD is on satellites (61.5 and 129) that we can't get from here (US Virgin Islands).
    Unfortunately I'm not too surprised that the CSR couldn't figure that out.

8. Sep 3, 2014 #8 of 18
    James Long

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    Puerto Rico and Virgin Islands are different than the rest of the US. The difference probably slipped the CSR's mind.

Alaska and Hawaii also have limited HD packages.

9. Sep 5, 2014 #9 of 18
    augie

augie Cool Member

Nov 27, 2007
    St. John, USVI
    I agree. He was a nice enough guy. Thorough and with pleasant demeanor. I did suggest location might be a problem, but he's probably new enough that he hadn't encountered that particular issue before.

10. Texas-Justice

Texas-Justice Cool Member

Dec 28, 2010
    Texas, of...
    Interesting. On my 722k and 222k it is on 408.

Is the channel lineup different on different receivers?

11. James Long

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    Yes. On Hopper/Joey DISH has subchannels for some satellite fed channels (most of the RSNs are 412-xx not the usual 4xx channel).

SEC-ESPN is 408 on the ViP and legacy equipment. Alternates are on 596 and 597 (404-02 and 404-03 on Hopper/Joey).

12. Texas-Justice

Texas-Justice Cool Member

Dec 28, 2010
    Texas, of...
    Thanks for the clarification.

13. mnassour

mnassour Icon

Apr 23, 2002
    DIRT Team...I thought I'd check back in to see if LHN would indeed be in HD for the Iowa State game on Saturday, Oct. 14.

Also..I cannot see LHN at ALL on Dish Anywhere. All I get is the HD slate saying no programming is available.

Help! <grin>

14. James Long

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    The slate is what you see at home on a receiver ... until Saturday when the game is on.

The game is in the guide on channel 407 HD at 8pm Saturday, October 18th.

15. mnassour

mnassour Icon

Apr 23, 2002
    Yep....just saw that, thanks! Now, if we could just get Longhorn Network working again on DishAnywhere!

16. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Leapin' Lizard Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    Just a question, because I haven't tried... but since Longhorn is an ESPN network... is it possible that it is viewable through the WatchESPN app instead?

17. James Long

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    A good sign:

Channels Moved
    9585 LHN (407 HD PartTime) Longhorn Network moved from TP 1 to TP 10 at 72.7° (HD)
    9585 LHN (407 HD PartTime) Longhorn Network moved from TP 25 to TP 26 at 129° (HD)

A HD feed has been assigned for today's game.

18. mnassour

mnassour Icon

Apr 23, 2002
    Yes indeed, it's in the guide now. Many thanks!