1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Disable screen safe mode

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by GenTso, Oct 24, 2010.

1. GenTso

GenTso Legend

Aug 26, 2008
    I'm surprised there aren't more threads about this. I've searched for an answer and can only find the three dash (-) trick, which is only a temporary solution.

So here's the deal. I have NFLST and whenever I am watching the Game Mix channel and don't touch the remote for a few minutes, the screen dims and a message comes up saying, "Screen safe mode enabled, press dash (-) twice to disable" or something like that.

THIS IS NOT A FUNCTION OF THE TV.

I have a Sony, Samsung and Vizio. Each get the exact same message if on the Game Mix channel and left alone for more than 15 minutes.

I understand why this function is there, but I don't think the 6 hours I watch ST each week are going to screw up my TVs. I'm just getting sick of taking them out of safe mode every few minutes, especially when I'm working on something else and glancing up to watch the games every few minutes.

Is anyone aware of a way to PERMANENTLY disable this function? It's driving me nuts!

2. Davenlr

Davenlr Geek til I die

Sep 16, 2006
    Nope, been asking for a disable function since they first came out.

3. Richierich

Richierich Hall Of Fame

Jan 10, 2008
    There have been alot of us who want to be able to Disable that Function but it falls on Deaf Ears for some reason.