1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Disaster Info Channel?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by Old_School, May 21, 2013.

1. Old_School

Old_School Legend

Nov 28, 2011
    PA
    Was just wondering, I know Directv has done it in the past but, with the outbreak of deadly tornadoes though Oklahoma has anyone noticed if Directv has setup some kind of info channel for it? I have a few family member that live really close to Moore, OK where the hardest was hit and i hoping there would be something that gives more detailed info. I have been keeping an eye to the news channels but, they only ramble on about the same info and show the same pics...

thanks..

2. Cholly

Cholly Old Guys Rule! DBSTalk Club

Mar 22, 2004
    Indian...
  3. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude

Aug 6, 2010
    My love and thoughts go out to all who have been affected by this!!

:(

1 person likes this.
  4. JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon Hall Of Fame

Jul 21, 2008
  5. Jacob Braun

Jacob Braun King of Awesome

Oct 5, 2011
    Tulsa, OK
    Does TWC actually broadcast any alt feeds? The link you posted just talked about five new shows in 2013-2014 (less weather, more reality TV).

6. KyL416

KyL416 Hall Of Fame

Nov 10, 2005
    Tobyhanna, PA
    Nope, the only sister station TWC has is Weatherscan which is generated locally at the cable headend, it's basically local on the 8s on a loop with a different graphics package. In major weather events like tornado outbreaks, winter storms and hurricanes TWC pre-empts their primetime programming for continuing coverage.

7. JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon Hall Of Fame

Jul 21, 2008
    I head that they may want to make some of that pre-empts local only.