1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

disatisfied with dish

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by Dale Anschuetz, Jul 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dale Anschuetz

Dale Anschuetz New Member

Jul 21, 2010
    I really don't know who will read this but I hope it is someone from dish network. I called last week to make arangements to have dish installed at my home. I was told a technician would be at my residence between 8 a.m. and noon. I waited until 1 p.m. but no one came. I called dish and was told that they tried to contact me several times. i am a pastor, was sitting in my office the whole time, made calls and received calls, but none from dish. I was assured that if I re-scheduled for Tue. someone would be there. I did and was told a tech. would be at my home between noon and 5 p.m. No one ever came. I called again, spent an hour and a half on the phone and said I was going to lodge a complaint with the better business bureau. Ten minutes after my call someone from Lockport N.Y. called, apologized and asked for one more chance. I agreed, they checked their scheduel and said they could have a technician at my home, today, between noon and 5 p.m. At 3:30 I was called and told that they did not have any technicians available and that they would re-scheduel. I said, no thank you. All in all I have spent 2 1/2 hrs. on the phone, 12 1/2 hrs. waiting for someone to show up and generally been treated in a very unprofessional manner. I was told on both days that someone tried on numerous occasions to calle but could not get through. However, on the day they wanted to cancel they got through fine. It seems to me that dish network does not have a handle on what is going on within their organization. I wanted to speak to someone who had some authority and all I was told is that they do not have access to any phone numbers whereby I could resolve this most unfortunate set of circumstances.

2. blitzingATK

blitzingATK Cool Member

Aug 26, 2009
    This experience would not move me toward Dish.
    Try giving DirecTV a call or maybe bundle with your local
    cable co. Beaver Valley Cable? Small operator I'd guess
    but it looks like you use them for internet.

3. TulsaOK

TulsaOK New Member

Feb 23, 2004
    Please send an email to CEO@Echostar.Com and politely explain what happened. I'm sure someone will contact you and make this right.
    BTW, :welcome_s to DBSTalk.

4. Jhon69

Jhon69 Hall Of Fame

Mar 27, 2006
    Central San...
    Check your phone book see if you have a local Dishnetwork installer.I have had the best service from a local installer.Good Luck!:)

5. Dave

Dave Icon

Jan 28, 2003
    If after three days and no good response from Dish I would also not get Dish. When Dish says, Oh a manager is not available. Then this means some CRS is covering there own but. There is no excuse in the world for not letting you talk to a manager or some one in charge. This is customer service at its worst. This would be a very good reason to run and not walk to get away from Dish and go with someone else I would call DirectV if I were you and try there service. Right now DirectV has some very good offers on the table.

6. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    If you're dealing with the national people at DISH or a national reseller I'd try a local retailer who sells and installs DISH Network. DISH contractors are not as good in some areas of the country as in others. In a company that large it is hard to keep everyone up to high standards. Dealing with a local installer may get you better service and it certainly will give you a brick and mortar point of contact for your complaints, if any.

7. Grafur

Grafur New Member

Jul 25, 2010
    Watch out for the Local Retailer. The one we went through made us sign a second contract before we could get Dish service. That was Cadott Cellular in Cadott Wi.
    Dish let us out of the contract because after 3 DVR's that didn't work they let us out without any early termination fee.
    Now Cadott Cellular has charged our CC with a whopping $800 for the early termination. What a scam. It seems that many retailers do this dual contract thing even though Dish forbids it. It is apparently illegal in some States also.
    Just don't sign more than one official Dish contract or you're screwed, blued, and tattooed by your friendly local Dish representative.
    Tom

8. Jhon69

Jhon69 Hall Of Fame

Mar 27, 2006
    Central San...

Sorry to hear about your problems Tom.I guess you didn't realize if you had your order with Dishnetwork done by a local installer you should always do everything through them?.When you cancel before your commitment is up the local installer get's a chargeback from Dishnetwork that they have to pay so they lose money.:eek2:

Always,Always read every contract before you sign!.:contract:

Now to try and help you,hopefully your local news has a Consumer Corner where they air people's problems on the air(nothing can kill a business quicker than bad press) see if they will take up your issue to resolve it.If not I would advise you to file a complaint with your state's Attorney General's office.

Well that's it.Good Luck!:) and :welcome_s

9. lparsons21

lparsons21 Hall Of Fame

Mar 4, 2006
    Herrin, IL
    Dale, sorry to hear you had a problem with the installation. It is frustrating. You've had some good suggestions here and some not so good.

To those that say, get D* instead, well D*'s track record on smooth installs and on time appointments isn't any better overall than E*'s. Just read a bit in the D* forums here. That said, in your area maybe D*'s installers are better and it would be smoother. In my area, the D*'s contracted installer isn't as timely as E*'s, although both are very good once they get on the job.

The suggestions to go to a local installer/dealer that you know has a good track record is probably the best route. That personal touch has value too you know.

10. mlcarson

mlcarson Mentor

Jul 4, 2003
    My experience was pretty good. I ordered service via the Dishnetwork website on Friday and scheduled online for a Saturday afternoon installation (12p-5p). I got a call from somebody at 4p saying that they were running late but would be here by 5:15p. They arrived, installed a 1000.2 dish on a NPR mount that I had, and had everything up and running and did a good cleanup before they left.

I thought for sure that the appointment would be canceled since I hadn't spoke to anybody during the entire process but they came through. I actually had 2 trucks at my place for a while. Received a 722 receiver and am now a Dish 120 subscriber.

11. Zero327

Zero327 Godfather

Oct 10, 2006
    If they answer the phone when you call, they don't have power and probably don't know anyone who does; otherwise they wouldn't be answering said phone. :)

12. peano

peano Icon

Feb 1, 2004
    Tell Dish to shove it and go with DirecTV. Did I just type that?

Yup, Dish will fee you to death over time. You are better off with DirecTV.

13. comizzou573

comizzou573 Legend

Aug 6, 2007
    am starting to get dissatified with dish as well waiting on the stupid for 14 minutes.... listening to "we apologize for the delaying of answer..." repeated twice which fricken annoying the **** out of me... do they want to go out of business or what

14. Slamminc11

Slamminc11 Hall Of Fame

Jan 27, 2005
    with 14+ million customers, it may be a while...:rolleyes:

15. TheFoxMan

TheFoxMan AllStar

Aug 25, 2008
    Marion, Iowa
    You are better off with DirectTV, I am better off with Dish, and my brother is better off with cable TV... thanks to the competition found only in a free market system, we're free to choose what suits us best.

16. lparsons21

lparsons21 Hall Of Fame

Mar 4, 2006
    Herrin, IL
    idiotic post. DirecTV is no saint in sticking it to the customer and their CSRs are sure not any better nor more knowledgeable. So going with them is just picking a different devil.

17. GrumpyBear

GrumpyBear Hall Of Fame

Feb 1, 2006
    It wouldn't be to hard to have 100's of pages of complaints about both Direct and Dish. CSR, Installers you name it.

Personally I think we were trolled, brand new poster, single post, all that jazz.
    I could very easily create a new ID and post on the Direct side about the exact samething.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.