1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Disconnecting internal drive

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Tips and Resources' started by jerryray, Sep 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jerryray

jerryray New Member

Aug 18, 2007
    Since I use a FA750, can I disconnect the internal drive?

2. dminches

dminches Godfather

Oct 1, 2006
    There have been several discussions concerning this issue. I would recommend you search on "internal drive" in this forum. You'll find a lot of information about this topic.

3. jerryray

jerryray New Member

Aug 18, 2007
    Yes, I have read those. That's what led me to the FA750.

But I don't think anyone actually tried disconnecting the drive yet?

4. Volman

Volman Godfather

Jul 13, 2007
    There was a post yesterday that said NOT to disconnect the internal drive because it houses the temperature sensor.With it removed or disconnected,and used with an external drive,the internal temp of the box would not be regulated.At least that's the way I understood the post.

5. jedster

jedster Legend

Sep 19, 2006
    You can just plus the esata jack into the sata port on the motherboard if you want a temp reading but it will be of your external hd.

If you're concerned about lowering temps, unplugging the HD is a great thing to do because leaving it on, even in idle, raises heat levels.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.