1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Discount on Starz with Ultimate Package?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by MizzouTiger, Jun 7, 2013.

1. MizzouTiger

MizzouTiger Icon

Jan 9, 2007
    Just curious about this since I have the Choice Xtra Classic Package. If you have the Ultimate Package, which includes all of the Encore Channels, do you get a discount on Starz? It would seem that you shouldn't have to pay the full Starz price since you're already paying for 8 of the 15 channels with your base package.

2. damondlt

damondlt New Member

Feb 27, 2006
    Newfoundland...
    No you don't get a discount.

Ultimate also gives you (Directv.com)
    TMC East and West
    Fox Movie Channel
    NHL
    Style
    Cloo
    Chiller
    Boomerang
    Sprout
    Sundance
    and maybe a few other music channels that still have nothing to do with Starz/encore.
    My guess is that's more of where the cost between Choice Extra and Choice Ultimate is coming from then Encore.

3. joshjr

joshjr Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Aug 2, 2008
    NE Oklahoma
    I have had this argument with them a few times as well. Why pay for the Encore channels in the Ultimate Package and then pay for them again if you decide you want Starz. I didn't get it then and I don't get it now. Since I usually have Starz with my programming I refuse to carry the Ultimate Package.

4. damondlt

damondlt New Member

Feb 27, 2006
    Newfoundland...
    That's Fine I see your point and yes IMO if you have the Ultimate pack they should only charge you $6 extra to add Starz.

But for a customer who wants to upgrade from choice extra and can't afford an Extra $13 per month, Ultimate is a good choice and good Value.
    If any of these channels below intrest anyone, they can be added for $7
    1. TMC East
    2. TMC West
    3. Fox Movie Channel
    4. NHL
    5. Style
    6. Cloo
    7. Chiller
    8. Boomerang
    9. Sprout
    10. Sundance
    11. Encore
    12. Encore west
    13. Encore love
    14. Encore Western
    15. Encore Suspense
    16. Encore Drama
    17. Encore Action
    18. Encore Family

5. JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon Hall Of Fame

Jul 21, 2008
    put NHL back in choice extra or have a Ultimate Package with some of the sports pack channels.

1 person likes this.