1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Discovery HD out?

Discussion in 'HDTV Equipment (Closed Forum)' started by Love my Dish, Aug 19, 2002.

1. Love my Dish

Love my Dish New Member

Jul 12, 2002
    Is anyone else having problems with Discovery HD? (Monday, August 19, 8:50 pm EDT) I am getting a blank screen with occasional extreme pixellization. I had this a few day ago also, but thought it was just cloudiness. I really don't want to pay $7.99 for a channel if it is not up all the time.

2. HTguy

HTguy Icon

May 6, 2002
    I had the channel on at the time you mention & did not see any problems. However, I was busy & not monitoring it continuously.

Still, I haven't seen any problems on DiscHD since I got turned on Ch 9420. Incidently, even tho I'm on the "left" coast I'm getting it on 61.5.

3. Love my Dish

Love my Dish New Member

Jul 12, 2002
    I found out that my my new adapter is defective. They are going to replace it.

4. Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs Hall Of Fame

Mar 21, 2002
    Reports on AVS say there has been moderate pixelation on Discovery HD on C-band, which then would be passed down to E*, for the couple of days.