1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discovery HD Theater Gone?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by islesfan44, Oct 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. islesfan44

islesfan44 Banned User

Oct 18, 2006
    I have had my HR20 for a couple of weeks, and within the past week, I have started getting the "searching for signal in sat (1 or 2) 771" error. I have checked the signal strength, and it is always 95% or better. I have tried resets, and the error only returns. I have narrowed the problem down to Discovery HD. The problem does not occur on any other channel, but if I try to tune to Discovery HD, I get the error. I removed the B Band Converters, and Discovery HD came back, but I had to put the converters back since the Reno stations are supposed to be launching soon in HD, and I want those more than I want Discovery HD.

Does anyone know what is going on with Discovery HD Theater?

2. Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich Lifetime Achiever

Nov 15, 2005
    What are your signal strengths for SAT 119

3. iceman2a

iceman2a Icon

Dec 30, 2005
    Hudson, FL...
    You do not need the "BBC's" for your locals! Call D* have them send you replacement "BBC's"!
    You will not need them until sometime next year!

4. hasan

hasan Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2006
    Ogden, IA
    DSHD Theater comes in fine here with my BBCs in place. Sounds like you have a bad one, it's not intrinsic to the BBCs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.