1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Discovery HD Theater moved from 119?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by ctwilliams, Aug 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ctwilliams

ctwilliams Legend

Aug 24, 2006
    I am unable to receive the HD channels on 119 due to leaves blocking the satellite.

However, this morning I flipped by Discovery HD Theater and found that I was receiving that channel. No such luck with HDNet or ESPN2 HD.

What satellite did they move HD Theater to? I know there was discussion about simulcasting them in Mpeg4 when the new satellite is turned on, but I guess they decided to move it before that?

CT

2. litzdog911

litzdog911 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA
    Yes, it was moved to 110-deg W a few weeks ago.

3. LI-SVT

LI-SVT Icon

May 18, 2006
    I am in the same position, no LOS to 119. I have my fingers crossed that the other two move to the 110 also.

4. bonscott87

bonscott87 Cutting Edge: ECHELON '07

Jan 21, 2003
    They have been moving a lot of the HD around, mostly off 101 onto 110 and 119. Gotta get ready for Sunday Ticket which they want to do all from 101 if they can. The channel shuffle happens every year in August.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.