1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discovery's new HD ads ...

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by purtman, Sep 2, 2007.

1. purtman

purtman Hall Of Fame

Sep 19, 2006
    I saw a new ad from Discovery concerning its new HD channels (Discovery, TLC, Animal Planet and Discovery Science). It looked pretty cool. What I like is the Deadliest Catch is on in HD. It's nice to see shows like that in HD. I can't wait until they're live on D*.

2. Nick

Nick Retired, part-time PITA DBSTalk Club

Apr 23, 2002
    The...
    Regardless of which provider any of us has now or may have in the future, Directv's
    well-promoted advancement toward triple-digit HD channels will benefit us all. As
    a former Dish sub currently with Comcast, I know that whomever may earn my HD
    business in the future, I will have Directv (and Dish) to thank for raising the bar.

To me, television is about information & entertainment. My priorities: content first,
    then PQ, then choice. I would rather have 100 HD channels than 300 SD channels.
    My loyalties are not to any provider, but to myself. The MCVP that delivers all three
    first and does it best, at a competitive price will get my business. That's a promise.