1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DISH 1000 Cover

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by Superhippie, Mar 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Superhippie

Superhippie New Member

Jan 9, 2006
    Does anyone know of a cover that will fit a DISH 1000?

Thanks.

2. dirtydan

dirtydan AllStar

Dec 15, 2004
    Why not try a small trash bag? I live in an area that gets lots of snow, have been experimenting with my 2 Dish 500s. On one I put about 4 treatments of "Rainguard" on it, the other a white trash bag with some rainguard on it, the one with bag is best rarely catches snow and when it does it is easy to knock off, the non bagged dish sometimes catches snow and ice, harder to clean. If using bag, do not put it over the lnb, might cause moisture build-up. I also tape a piece of acrylic plastic over the lnbs extendinding out towards the dish so snow will fall off and not melt onto the plastic covers on the lnbs

3. JohnL

JohnL Icon

Apr 1, 2002
    I don't get the Dish Covers.

Rain on your Dish has at most an imperceivable effect on the signal. Ice is a different story. You are just as likely to get Ice on a Cover as on the Dish if you are getting Freezing Rain.

Wet Heavy Snow (Lots of Water content) will have an effect as INCH after INCH accumulates.

The Best way to stop Snow and Ice from accumulating is a Dish Heater, it works simiularly to The heating Coils many use on the edges of their roofs to stop Ice Damning and Gutter Damage.

If you live up north and get "Dry powdery snow" then you are NOT likely to have any problems with the Snow interrupting your signal. "Powder Snow" is 90 percent AIR, very little water content to attenuate the signal.

Lastly Mounting a Dish that is easy to get too to clean off is a great idea, besides I really think Roof mounting of Dishs is just asking for trouble. I mounted mine on the Side of the house 2 feet from the Roof line (single story) very easy to clean it off if neccesary.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.