1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dish 6000 recvr with 1000 dish?

Discussion in 'DISH™ High Definition Discussion' started by MKrehelII, Feb 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MKrehelII

MKrehelII Mentor

Feb 12, 2006
    Hello All,

I've looked around and can't seem to find a concrete answer as to if the 1000 dish should be able to get 110,119 and 129 with a 6000 receiver, do any of you have any experience with this setup?

I've tweaked everything and can't seem to make the receiver see the 3rd bird at 129 for the Voom stuff...

I've seen conflicting advise saying you need/don't need a DP+ converter and would really like to see this work can someone please point me in the right direction?

I'm dying to see the Voom channels on my new set!

Thanks in advance.

Mike K II :)

2. Marriner

Marriner Legend

Jan 23, 2006
    Do you have legacy switch or dishpro? I had Voom installed on my 811 and the tech could not get my legacy switch (sw64) to see 129. He swapped my lnbs and switch to dishpro.

3. MKrehelII

MKrehelII Mentor

Feb 12, 2006
    I have a brand new dish 1000 dish with a dp plus twin lnb (for 110,119) with a single dp lnb in the "W" bracket that is passed back through the twin lnb according to the instructions that came w/the dish(this does the switching from what I've seen, there is no external switch) .

to be clear I have the dish and receiver working great with 110 and 119 but if I go into signal test and select 129 it says i'm on Echostar 119w (wrong sat) what's more interesting is that if I put my hand completetly over the single 129 lnb while looking the signal does not drop at all. This tells me that it's not even switching to the 3rd LNBF. I think:(

4. larrystotler

larrystotler Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Gold Club

Jun 6, 2004
    The DP+ Twin can feed the 6000U IF there is a newer 3 digit receiver ALSO attached to the DP+Twin. The 6000U doesn't supply enough power by itself or with a 2nd legacy receiver to allow the Sat In port on the DP+Twin to work. HOWEVER, you can install legacy LNBs on the D1000 and the 6000U will work just fine. I just finished testing mine and, so long as you have the 3sat button checked, it works fine.

5. MKrehelII

MKrehelII Mentor

Feb 12, 2006

You say older LNBs will work on the new dish but I assume this means an external 3 position switch ? what model are you using that seems to work? I guess I need to find old LNBs and a switch.

6. larrystotler

Jun 6, 2004
    You could use a 500Twin, a legacy dual, and an SW21. I am using an SW64, which allows 4 tuners to be hooked up. If you only need 1 line, then the first setup would be fine.

7. larrystotler

Jun 6, 2004
    IF you have a DP receiver, you can hook it up to the DP+Twin, run the check switch and then just leave it hooked up to supply power. You do not have to have it active. You could also try to get a 20V power inserter, but I dunno if that would work if the switch doesn't detect the receiver. Never tried it. The DP & DP+ switches can communicate with the receiver, so this may not work.

8. MKrehelII

MKrehelII Mentor

Feb 12, 2006
    Thanks Larry, at least now I know what I can do If I need to. Hopefully someone else may know a way to make what I have work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.