1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DISH 722 and 612 Whats in the box?

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by timhk, Jun 20, 2008.

1. timhk

timhk Mentor

Sep 26, 2007
    I know its pushing things, but by any chance do you get a set of HDMI cables in the box when you get these receivers? I don't want to spend another $40 unless I have too.

2. DBS Commando

DBS Commando Godfather

Apr 6, 2006
    Depends on your installer. My installer just gave me component cables for both of my HD receivers.

3. TulsaOK

TulsaOK New Member

Feb 23, 2004
    My ViP722 came with HDMI, S-Video, component, composite and coax; in the box.
    Also, HDMI cables can be had for way under $10. Monoprice.com for example.

4. Ken Green

Ken Green Hall Of Fame

Oct 6, 2005
    You may be the only one :)

As a rule, Tim, neither HDMI or Component cables are included with the ViP722 or ViP612, though it is correct, 10 bucks should cover it.

5. Polardog

Polardog Legend

Mar 4, 2008
    My Vip612 did not come with HDMI or component cables.
    I made the mistake of buying my HDMI cables at a retail store before I knew that you could secure them for much less online.

6. timhk

timhk Mentor

Sep 26, 2007
    Thanks for the info. I have a 722 and 612 install scheduled for next week and just wanted to make sure I have everything I need.

7. satgeek550

satgeek550 AllStar

May 30, 2008
    DO NOT SPEND UNDER 20 dollars for HDMI cables, no quality. Try monstercables those have good quality. Also unless you bought your vip 722 from a private party the box did not include either HDMI or component, thoes are on the E* trucks and they usually don't even carry HDMI only component.

With a box from E* the box includes: the unit, 2 remotes, RCA, S-video, 25' phone cord, coax (rg-59) not for, from the dish only to the tv)

8. Ken Green

Ken Green Hall Of Fame

Oct 6, 2005
    Plus...DPP Separator w/cables, UHF Remote Antenna and Attenuator, and Remote Batteries. :)

9. bthessel

bthessel AllStar

Oct 26, 2004
    Can you point me to some proof on those cables, I have read many stories in the past that show Monster is overrated and overpriced. Considering retail stores make about $15 on a $20 cable (I used to work in retail and could get them at cost) I don't think you are getting anything special buying Monster. Monoprice or Bluejeanscable have both shown to be excellent quality, Especially at shorter distances.
    http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/hdmi-cable-battlemodo/the-truth-about-monster-cable-+-grand-finale-part-iii-282725.php

Also when I received my last 622 direct from Dish it did have an HDMI cable in the box. That was shipped from dish and not from an installer.

10. airpolgas

airpolgas Godfather

Aug 12, 2002
    Oh no he didn't!

Ah... 7 posts as of my reply. Welcome to DBSTalk. Read more, and you'll soon learn:

monoprice.com is your friend

11. HobbyTalk

HobbyTalk Hall Of Fame

Jul 14, 2007
  12. BNUMM

BNUMM Hall Of Fame

Dec 23, 2006
    Dish has not included coax (rg-59) for quite some time. Also, they stopped including component (RGB) cables about when the 622 came out.

13. TulsaOK

TulsaOK New Member

Feb 23, 2004
    My ViP722 came from Dish and it included HDMI and Component cables in addition to the ones you list. Even my 622 came with Component cables and the tech gave me an HDMI cable which I returned when I upgraded.

14. TulsaOK

TulsaOK New Member

Feb 23, 2004
    Careful; people get a little upset when someone reports there are HDMI cables in the box. :D

15. TulsaOK

TulsaOK New Member

Feb 23, 2004
    Evidently, the cables included in the box varies quite a bit.

16. BattleZone

BattleZone Hall Of Fame

Nov 13, 2007
    It seems that at least some RETAIL boxes (either bought in stores or sold directly to customers by Dish) get HD cables added.

The receivers provided to installers do NOT come with HD cables in the box, but as of May, the installers are required to provide 6' component cables for free for the HD boxes they install. HDMI cables are a chargable item, though some offices apparently provide them for free as well. Dish has set a max price of $20 for the standard 6' HDMI cable, payable to the installer. Not all installers will carry HDMI cables.

17. Marriner

Marriner Legend

Jan 23, 2006
    I'm not going to pile on but i have purchased hdmi and other cables from monoprice.com and have been most impressed with the workmanship and quality of these cables. There is no logical reason a simple hdmi cable should cost $60, $70, $100 or more. Monster Rip-off.

18. phrelin

phrelin Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    For reasons known only to nobody, I got component (no toslink), s-video, and RCA cables. I had already purchased what I needed on line.

The only additional comment I can make is that I connected all the necessary connections to my theater system so that the installer only needed to touch the 722 and the wall power socket. Just in case Darryl and his other brother Darryl showed up to do the install.

19. rtd2

rtd2 Legend

Oct 2, 2006
    Just received my replacement receiver. 722 had RCA, S-VIDEO, COMPONENT, AND HDMI cables.

20. TulsaOK

TulsaOK New Member

Feb 23, 2004
    Excellent. That's what mine had as well. :D