1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

DISH 722k Cable

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by Jim148, Sep 13, 2011.

1. Jim148

Jim148 Godfather

Jun 22, 2004
    I was looking at the Channel Master TV announcement and wondering if I could send content via the 722k TV2 function to the Channel Master TV. It looks like the Channel Master TV has Dual ATSC/Clear QAM tuners. Is clear QAM what the 722k uses when a Cable channel is selected for TV2?

http://www.channelmaster.com/Channel_Master_TV_s/304.htm

2. gtal98

gtal98 Godfather

Jan 30, 2011
    Clear QAM is digital cable - the 722k only outputs analog cable signals (not sure what the modulation is called for that). You could send it to that box if it'll still accept an analog signal - but why would you want to? Recording from one DVR to another? Only reason I can think to do that would be to free up space - but to do that an external hard drive is much easier and faster.