1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Dish 942 OTA receiver vs OTA tuner cards for PC

Discussion in 'DISH™ High Definition Discussion' started by DAMAC, Nov 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DAMAC

DAMAC Cool Member

Sep 20, 2005
    For those who have been using the Dish 942 built-in OTA receiver, how has the HD reception been compared to other OTA receivers that you have tried. I am mostly interested in PC HD tuner cards (like the MyHD or Fusion), and I was wondering if anyone could give me some comparisions on tuner reception that they have experienced. Let me know what you think. Thanks

David

2. JM Anthony

JM Anthony Child of the 60's DBSTalk Gold Club

Nov 16, 2003
    I suggest you check out the AVS Forum as they have a section related to home theater PCs. This is an issue I'm interested in as well as I've invested in an HTPC and need reception capabilities that do a better job of multi-path rejection than I got from my 921 or now my 942.

John

3. DAMAC

DAMAC Cool Member

Sep 20, 2005
    I've already posted the same thing in the HTPC thread at AVS. I guess we can both see what they have to say.

4. the_bear

the_bear Godfather

Oct 18, 2004
    The LG chips in the Fusion 5 (same ships soon to be used by DirectTV) are better than the Broadcom chip set used by Dish, but don’t expect miracles.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.