1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Dish and Google in talks regarding wireless network.

Discussion in 'Tech Talk - Gadgets, Gizmos and Technology' started by bobukcat, Nov 16, 2012.

1. bobukcat

bobukcat Hall Of Fame

Dec 20, 2005
    Talks are very, very preliminary according to reports but it could be an interesting combination. Google has mobile products (Nexus Line) and the #1 mobile OS in the country (by marketshare) in Android, having their own carrier network, or at least a very strong piece of a joint venture would complete the tri-fecta and completely take 3rd party carrier control out of their products. Of course is could alienate the big guys (AT&T, VZW, etc.) and force them away from featuring Android devices, but that may be risky for them as well. Dish still has to get FCC Approval for their plans (whatever they are) for the spectrum with Sprint and others trying to derail it but the possibilities are interesting.

http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2012/11/16/new-rival-for-att-verizon-google/

2. bobukcat

bobukcat Hall Of Fame

Dec 20, 2005
  3. RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP Kwisatz Haderach of Cordcuttery

Jan 23, 2008
    I'm on board.

4. rocnroller

rocnroller New Member

Jul 16, 2012
    I would be the first in line .

5. Kung

Kung Cool Member

Nov 24, 2012
    That'd be pretty spiffy. :)

6. bobukcat

bobukcat Hall Of Fame

Dec 20, 2005
  7. RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP Kwisatz Haderach of Cordcuttery

Jan 23, 2008
    They are definitely not messing around.

8. 4HiMarks

4HiMarks Hall Of Fame

Jan 21, 2004
    Laurel, MD
    Is this finally going to clear the way for Dish to offer a realistic "Triple Play" package of TV, voice and data? I'd definitely be all over that.

9. SayWhat?

SayWhat? Know Nothing

Jun 6, 2009
    I sure could use a killer WISP out here in the boonies.