1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Dish Anywhere and VIP 622

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by BillJ, Jun 19, 2013.

1. BillJ

BillJ Icon

May 5, 2005
    I can't help but be aware of Dish Anywhere because every time I change channels I get a banner promoting it. (seperate issue, how to shut those off) So, even though I can't imagine watching Game of Thrones on my iPhone, I thought I'd check it out. The iPhone app mentions the 622 but the Dish website seems to mention every VIP receiver except the 622. Am I correct in assuming there is no reason to download the app unless I also get new receivers?

2. CheriT @ DISH Network

CheriT @ DISH Network DISH Representative DISH Representative

Dec 28, 2010
    Hi, I would be happy to help! In order to turn off the banner on your VIP622 receiver please press menu 6-1-6 and then select disable on the TV enhancements screen. Once you have selected disable, select done. You are correct about the DISH Anywhere app, the VIP622 receiver is not compatible. If you have any further questions please let me know.