1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Dish Anywhere app now looks much better on tablets

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by Athlon646464, Aug 8, 2014.

1. Athlon646464

Athlon646464 Gold Members DBSTalk Gold Club

Feb 23, 2007
    Uxbridge, MA
    Dish Anywhere app now looks much better on tablets

(Engadget.com) - Dish Anywhere has now been further improved on iPad, Android and Kindle Fire tablets, with a redesigned UI and fresh discovery features that let users easily find new stuff to watch. But there's more beyond the pretty, image-heavy pages. Dish made the app better in other ways, thanks to new features including a Watchlist, the ability to turn your device into a Dish remote, and more. If you haven't grabbed the update, you can do so via the App Store, Google Play or Amazon Appstore, depending on what tablet you're rocking these days....

Full Story Here

[​IMG]

2. bobl

bobl Legend

Jan 17, 2004
    I believe you need either the Hopper with Sling, or a sling adapter, to view any content with the Dish Anywhere App, however, I'm wondering about what you can do without Sling? I have the App installed and it looks like I can update timers, see my recordings (though not play them), see a guide plus various other things. Unfortunately, It looks like you can't control the DVR like a remote control without Sling. Am I missing something, or is my assessment correct regarding the inability to control the DVR through the Dish Anywhere app without Sling?

3. Racer88

Racer88 Icon

Sep 12, 2006
    If not working at all now looks better then I guess so...... :sure:
    As usual, more untested garbage released into the wild by Dish Network....

4. EdJ

EdJ Legend

Jan 9, 2007
    I have a Microsoft Surface 2 tablet.... I guess there are not enough of us to modify the App for us...... :bang

5. lparsons21

lparsons21 Hall Of Fame

Mar 4, 2006
    Herrin, IL
    So far there doesn't seem to be any 'device' type apps for the Surfaces. :(

6. EdJ

EdJ Legend

Jan 9, 2007
    I subscribed to EPIX on Dish. EPIX has an App for the Surface and I have watched EPIX programming on the tablet.

7. Wilf

Wilf Legend

Oct 15, 2008
    It has been reported that Microsoft has taken a big financial hit on the Surface products. I guess they are too late to the party.