1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Dish Anywhere needs resume capability for Hopper recordings

Discussion in 'Hopper System Support Forum' started by LtMunst, Jun 21, 2013.

1. LtMunst

LtMunst Hall Of Fame

Aug 24, 2005
    I love using the Dish Anywhere app (Iphone/Android) with my Hopper/sling. The one major complaint I have, however, is that there is no "Resume" option when selecting DVR recordings. Anytime you select a recorded program to play...you have one choice...the beginning. This is particularly annoying when a playback is stopped by a communication error. The occasional playback error would not bother me if not for the fact that whenever it happens, I have to restart the recording from the beginning and try to fast forward to where I left off.

Hopefully Dish will incorporate the ability to resume recordings in a future software release.

2. Ray C@DISH Network

Ray C@DISH Network DISH Representative DISH Representative

Dec 28, 2010
    When I select a recording I previously viewed on my iPhone, I have the option of Resume on iPhone. Please let me know if you need further assistance. Thanks.

3. LtMunst

LtMunst Hall Of Fame

Aug 24, 2005
    Yes, I have discovered this is true if the user purposely stops a recording and then goes back to it later. However, if a playing recording gets interrupted for whatever reason (slow wifi, communication error, etc), the software does not set a resume point.

4. RWar24

RWar24 Cool Member

Mar 6, 2009
    I'm not sure that it's just a Dish Anywhere issue. I've experienced basically the same issue when you start watching a show that is currently being recorded. You can watch part of the show, stop it, and go back to live TV. Then later on if you go back to the recorded show that you started watching earlier, your only option is to start it from the beginning. There isn't a 'Resume' option. Just like it was explained above.

1 person likes this.
  5. 4HiMarks

4HiMarks Hall Of Fame

Jan 21, 2004
    Laurel, MD
    This.

It has been an issue with Dish DVRs at least as far back as the 622. I know it is technologically possible because my FiOS box does it. That is the only advantage it has over the Hopper.