1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

DISH Anywhere

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by SeaBeagle, Dec 20, 2013.

1. SeaBeagle

SeaBeagle Legend

May 7, 2006
    Does anyone know to set DISH Anywhere so that I can watch transferred recordings and TV shows from my iPhone and/or Ipad on my TV?

2. SeaBeagle

SeaBeagle Legend

May 7, 2006
    I see the reply was sending with out me noticing. Never saw a sent reply. Now I have five of the same topic. I can not find the setting to delete the duplicates.

3. Jim5506

Jim5506 Hall Of Fame

Jun 7, 2004
    If you are thinking of transferring TV shows to or back to your Dish receiver, that is not supported, however, you can buy adapters that will allow you to connect your iPad to the HDMI input on your TV, or you can get an Apple TV device which will do the same.

4. Mike.H_DISHNetwork

Mike.H_DISHNetwork DISH Representative DISH Representative

Feb 1, 2011
    [SIZE=medium]SeaBeagle,[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=medium]To setup Transfers onto your iPhone/iPad, you will need to make sure they are on the same Home Network. I will provide you our link explaining in more detail of the Transferring process, scroll to the bottom of the screen to get the steps: [/SIZE][SIZE=medium]http://www.mydish.com/support/dishanywhereapp?WT.svl=gsearch_results&_ga=1.264454863.1181855912.1387909540[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=medium]Thanks[/SIZE]

5. Revrick

Revrick New Member

Sep 5, 2013
    NW Arkansas
    what about the dish transfer app for android?

6. SeaBeagle

SeaBeagle Legend

May 7, 2006
  7. SeaBeagle

SeaBeagle Legend

May 7, 2006
    I accomplished that some time ago. It is that I can not view shows from iPad to the TV.

8. Mike.H_DISHNetwork

Feb 1, 2011
    [SIZE=medium]Revrick,[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=medium]There were some things with the Android Transfers using the DISH Anywhere App. We have reverted back to the previous version until everything gets worked out. [/SIZE]

9. Jan 2, 2014 #9 of 33
    some guy

some guy Godfather

Oct 26, 2012
    If you have an Apple TV you could use Air Play but unless something has changed, which i'm 99.9% it hasn't, the video output is blocked when using the component or HDMI cables. I tried with the DRA app, Dish Anywhere and the Sling Player app and video was blocked while audio played fine. Apple TV however will allow you to accomplish what you are trying to do.

10. SeaBeagle

SeaBeagle Legend

May 7, 2006
    I wish ROKU had that feature.

Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk mobile app

11. neilo

neilo AllStar

Aug 7, 2006
    Maryland
    Dish Transfer for Android is back, but it looks like I'll still need to talk to support this weekend to try to get it working.

12. Dax

Dax AllStar

May 15, 2004
    Kentucky
    Speaking of DISH Anywhere, I'm surprised to see they still have Sleuth, which was the old name for CLOO, even though CLOO has unfortunately been dropped. Is it a contractural obligation that hasn't expired? More importantly, why can't I find AMC on the DISH Anywhere site? It was there not too long ago.

13. wtrjock

wtrjock AllStar

Feb 9, 2007
    Can dish add sd card capability to the andriod dish anywhere app? It would be nice to store my recordings on my 64gb memory card in my tablet and phone.

Sent from my Samsung Note 10.1 2014

14. some guy

some guy Godfather

Oct 26, 2012
    I doubt they are going to do that for DRM reasons.

15. Mike.H_DISHNetwork

Feb 1, 2011
    [SIZE=medium]wtrjock,[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=medium]I appreciate your taking the time to let us know how we can improve upon your DISH Anywhere experience. I have submitted your feedback about adding an SD card capability for the Android devices. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please let us know. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=medium]Thank you! [/SIZE]

16. sremick

sremick AllStar

Feb 4, 2008
    I'd just be happy to have the app itself be allowed to be moved to SD. As a result, I've had to uninstall it. I've run out of room in the tiny default app location, and Dish Anywhere is a huge, bloated app... far too big to not be moved to SD.

17. Mike.H_DISHNetwork

Feb 1, 2011
    [SIZE=medium]neilo,[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=medium]I am more than happy to help you with the Android Transfers questions today. Did the recording not transfer? Is the playback distorted? Did it transfer and it will not play back? Please let me know to better help you.[/SIZE]

18. neilo

neilo AllStar

Aug 7, 2006
    Maryland
    It just doesn't transfer. A prepared program just sits at pending with 0% transferred. It never progresses further.
    I have no problems streaming shows from my DVR to my tablet.

19. wtrjock

wtrjock AllStar

Feb 9, 2007
    I finally used the transfer function. I notice a lot of jerking during playback. Have others seen that as well?

Sent from my Samsung Note 10.1 2014

20. neilo

neilo AllStar

Aug 7, 2006
    Maryland
    In my email there was a new message saying "DISH Anywhere now allows you to transfer your DVR recordings to your mobile device so you can watch them anywhere – even when you don't have an Internet connection!" So maybe they are more confident of the app now.