1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dish complaint...who to contact?

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by erichardson123, Nov 24, 2012.

1. erichardson123

erichardson123 New Member

Nov 24, 2012
    I'm a long time Dish customer...probably been with them for 8-9 years now. I moved 2.5 years ago and when the installers came out and set everything back up, I was told I couldn't get my local channels in HD anymore because of my geographic location and the location of the HD satellite.

Well fast forward to last week - I called on another issue and was told that they found an issue - my dish was pointing to the west coast standard def satellite. They immediately scheduled to come out and fix free of charge.

The guy gets here today and starts shaking his head...they couldn't point the existing dish to the HD satellites because the old installers did a shoddy job and put the dish on the wrong part of the roof. My location is fine...this installer was awesome, got everything working, and couldn't believe what they did before.

So I call and complain about the last 2.5 years and am told that since not everyone has local HD channels and they are included in the HD package that I already had for life - that here was their offer: a) a $5/credit for six months or b) 3 months of a premium channel of my choice.

Are you kidding me? The fact that not everyone has HD locals is both irrelevant to me and not really my problem. I couldn't watch hardly any football or any other network shows in HD - so they've been looking like @#$ on my HD TV for 2.5 years...

Three months of a premium channel is offered every few months to EVERY customer anyway...They would not budge - I went to the 2nd line supervisor, Shelby w/code # BVA who refused to give me any names, phone numbers, or email addresses of anyone above her. All she said I could do was send an email to feedback@customermail.dishnetwork.com.

I find this to be ridiculous - it's not the fact that I was already paying for some of it - it's the inconvenience and principle of it...and they offer me essentially nothing for it. They are lucky I hadn't switched to Comcast or FIOS to get HD locals since they "weren't available from my location"

If anyone has a better phone number or contact info for someone, I'd be grateful.

Thank you,
    Eric

2. Inkosaurus

Inkosaurus Icon

Jul 29, 2011
    Honestly.
    You dont deserve the credit anyway, the price of "locals" is included in your package no matter what.

You're lucky they even offered a 5$/6m.

3. garys

garys Hall Of Fame

Nov 4, 2005
    I can understand your rant, but it is possible there was no line of sight 2 1/2 years ago. A lot can happen in that amount of time. You took the word of the installer instead of questioning it harder back then. You should take what Dish offered you and move on.

4. boba

boba Hall Of Fame

May 23, 2003
    Look in the sticky's for Dish Internet Response Team.

I do kind of agree with inkosauus, if you were happy with SD for 2 1/2 years do they really owe you some credits, the squeaky wheel gets the grease.

5. erichardson123

Nov 24, 2012
    I never said I was happy with SD...I tolerated it and didn't want to pay the overage to someone like Comcast.

Both the tech over the phone and the installer agreed that it was botched from the beginning. The previous homeowner had DTV - he said that the first installer used that mount and tried to aim it but couldn't from that location...as there was a line of sight issue from that part of the roof.

The guy today told me that they had it pointed to the SD satellite which only received some of the HD channels...I'm not switching because other than this, I've never really had a complaint...but I still think in principal that it's pretty crappy the way this went down...

/Rantover

6. Inkosaurus

Inkosaurus Icon

Jul 29, 2011
    The locals were probably on a different satellite 2 years ago.

Today the install probably looked bad considering the set up in this day in age, but back then its a completely different story.

7. garys

garys Hall Of Fame

Nov 4, 2005
    It sounds like the initial installer was lazy and the complaint should have been done while he was there and to Dish immediately after he left if only to have it checked out.

8. Ray C@DISH Network

Ray C@DISH Network DISH Representative DISH Representative

Dec 28, 2010
    I apologize for the inconvenience this caused you. Please PM me your account number so I can review the options available to you. Please let me know. Thanks.

9. erichardson123

Nov 24, 2012
    Thanks Ray. I can't PM you until my post count hits 5...I will be there shortly.

10. Michael P

Michael P Hall Of Fame

Oct 27, 2004
    No line of sight to get HD locals? How is it you can get anything in HD? My HD locals come off the same satellite that the rest of the HD programming comes from: 129.

If your locals are on the "eastern arc" then you should have a dish aimed at 61.5 /72 / 77.
    I presume "Havre de Grace" is in either the DC or Baltimore DMA. Some markets (like mine) have HD channels on both arcs.

You need your install redone using all new parts - no recycled D* mounts :nono: