1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Dish customer service is horrible (the philipinnes side)

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by comizzou573, Aug 21, 2013.

1. comizzou573

comizzou573 Legend

Aug 6, 2007
    These people go inside your account change things without you knowing even when you told them not to change any work order. I called dish to find out what the difference was between 1000.2 and 1000.4 and the damn tech support apparently requested the tech support to bring dish500 to house. Idiots they have here.

2. comizzou573

comizzou573 Legend

Aug 6, 2007
    Well I will find out what happens, might end up getting 3 1000.2 dishes lol and my appointment date got changed to.

3. Paul Secic

Paul Secic Hall Of Fame

Dec 16, 2003
    You need a Dish 500+ for Filipino channels. I have it..

4. comizzou573

comizzou573 Legend

Aug 6, 2007
    I am not filipino, dish customer service in the Philippines sucks very much. They try to confuse you and get you to sign up to things that you don't want. They were saying I have a hopper sling upgrade but I didnt want want the free upgrade because I have to pay for lease on it anyway. I just bought one off of ebay, Called this morning and finally got connected to someone in the United States, who got things straighten out. Always make sure who you are talking to before you let a tech support agent into your account.

5. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Doctor Whom Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    Being honest here... I'm having a difficult time figuring out just what the complain is here in this thread. It makes it somewhat ironic to be complaining about a CSR not knowing what is going on, when your own point of view doesn't seem to be well articulated.

What did you originally call in to ask Dish? In post #1 you didn't say why you called them... but it sounds like you were expecting a tech to come out for some reason... then in your most recent post you mention buying a receiver from eBay, but didn't say anything about activating it.

So... it's hard to know whether or not the CSR was unhelpful because you haven't actually said what you wanted from them.

6. tampa8

tampa8 Godfather/Supporter

Mar 30, 2002
    So from your own words, DISH offered a FREE upgrade to a Hopper with Sling, and you refused, and instead paid money for one. Since your cost per month is the same either way, I don't get it. The reason someone might do what you did is so there is no contract, but since that's not the reason you gave I am confused.
    Then there's the dish issue, which sounds like what DISH told you is correct, a dish 500+.

7. comizzou573

comizzou573 Legend

Aug 6, 2007
    I bought a hopper sling from someone cheaper then what dish sells for it. I am planning to sell it those and I got the dish 1000.2, so thinking about selling as a package for 350 altogether. They are both brand new still sealed in the box : )

8. acostapimps

acostapimps Hall Of Famer

Nov 5, 2011
    Illinois
    :confused:

9. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Doctor Whom Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    So... then why the call to a CSR if all the stuff you bought is stuff you are planning to sell?

I am completely lost now as to what the original problem was.

10. RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP Kwisatz Haderach of Cordcuttery

Jan 23, 2008
    I don't even know how to peanut butter.

11. tampa8

tampa8 Godfather/Supporter

Mar 30, 2002
    For once I pity the CSR.